Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is complete, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
Pick water over other refreshments. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every once in a while isn’t a bad idea. Getting all your hydration from them is a terrible idea. Choosing water as an alternative to other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the main element to successful weight loss and healthfulness.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. Little things, when done every single day, can do a lot to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about losing weight. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to navy bean & bacon soup recipe. You can cook navy bean & bacon soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Get 1 lb of dried navy beans.
- Use 12 oz of thick cut bacon – slices cut across to 1/2" strips.
- Take 1 of medium yellow onion – diced.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Take 6 cups of water.
- Get 1 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Sort beans to remove any broken/bad beans or other abnormalities. Such as what is pictured here..
- Soak beans using one of the 2 following methods. Overnight: Place beans in a large bowl with 6-8 cups cold water and allow to soak at least 12 hrs. OR Quick Soak (which I prefer): Place beans in large pot (about 6 quart size). Add 6-8 cups cold water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes. Turn off heat, cover, let sit 1-2 hrs. Drain and rinse beans in a large colander. Set aside. Do not save soak water..
- If you quick soaked just rinse the pot you used. Place pot on stove over medium-high heat. When hot add all of bacon. Cook until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally..
- Add onion, garlic powder, and parsley (do not remove bacon or drain fat). Cook 2 minutes more stirring constantly. Return beans to pot. Add 6 cups cold water. Stir to combine. Do NOT add any salt or pepper yet..
- Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Cover with lid slightly offset to vent. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until beans are tender, about 2 hrs, adding carrots in last 30 minutes. Check and stir occasionally..
- When beans are tender use a slotted spoon to transfer about 1/2 cup to a medium bowl. Mash beans with fork and stir back into soup. Add salt and pepper to taste at this time (I went with a heaping tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper). Serve with cornbread if desired. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- For those who do not know, the primary reason for not salting beans as they cook is because the added salt has the tendency to prevent the beans from becoming tender. I'm personally not sure of the exact reason, but I do know from personal experience that this is accurate so I always salt beans after they are tender..
If you find this Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.