Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. Working out at the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. If you make smart decisions when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home immediately and eat something beneficial. Make sure that what you have at home is healthy. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done every day, can do a great deal to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your healthfulness. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ropa vieja / shredded beef stew recipe. To cook ropa vieja / shredded beef stew you only need 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew:
- Take 2 tbsp of EVOO.
- Get 1/2 large of Onion.
- You need 1/2 large of Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Green Olives.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Sofrito.
- You need 1 envelope of Sazon.
- Get 1 envelope of Chicken Bouillon.
- Use 2 cup of Water.
- Provide 1 cup of Chicken or Beef Stock.
- Take 1 of Salt to taste.
- Use 1 of Pepper to taste.
- Get 1/2 bunch of Cilantro (optional).
- Take 1 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 4 oz of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Flank Steak (approximately).
- Get 1 of Bay Leaf.
Steps to make Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew:
- Thoroughly rinse and dry your meat. Cut into 3 big slices..
- Add EVOO to a large (somewhat deep) pan and brown the meat on medium to low heat. At this point we just want to brown the meat not completely cook it so only about 5 minutes on each side..
- In the mean-time, slice the onion and green pepper and chop the garlic and cilantro..
- Once meat is browned, take out of the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add vegetables (onions, green peppers, garlic). Add more EVOO if necessary. Cook until onions are translucent then add sazon, chucken bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, bay leaf, vinegar, stock and water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, add meat to sauce. Cover and cook on Low for about 2 hours or until meat is tender and easily shreddable..
- After 2 – 2 1/2 hours, shred beef inside the pan with 2 wooden spoons (or forks). Adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cilantro, cover pan and cook for 10 more minutes..
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes and Enjoy!.
Ropa vieja, a juicy and tender shredded beef stew, is braised in the most flavorful, umami-rich tomato-based sauce. Ropa vieja is the national dish of Cuba, a hearty stew made with shredded beef, tomato sauce, onions, and peppers. Return the shredded beef to the sauce in the slow cooker and stir. This recipe updates the classic technique for improved efficiency and flavor. Ropa Vieja, Cuba's famously delicious shredded beef stew with peppers, tomatoes and olives, is a great recipe for the slow cooker!
If you find this Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.