Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Water is the best drinks out there. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Getting all your hydration from them is a terrible idea. When you decide on water more than other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories from your diet— without having to deal with terrible tasting diet food. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight loss and healthfulness.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also important. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about losing weight. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tortellini with a creamy tomato basil sauce recipe. You can cook tortellini with a creamy tomato basil sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce:
- Take 20 oz. of package of tortellini, any flavor you'd like.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of butter.
- Take 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Take 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Use 1 can (14 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Provide 3 tbsp. of fresh basil, chopped finely (or 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil).
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Take 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese (plus more for topping).
Steps to make Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce:
- Get a large pot of salted water going over high heat for the tortellini. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the tortellini and cook according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a seperate pot, get the sauce going..
- In a seperate, medium sized pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Once it's melted, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, so it can start to soften up. Then stir in the garlic and cook an additional 2 or so minutes, stirring often..
- Add the flour and whisk until it is all incorporated with the butter. Let this cook for a minute or so, stirring often..
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cream until it is all added and smoothly incorporated. Increase the heat to med-high, then add the diced tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Let this come to a gentle simmer..
- Once at a simmer, reduce the heat slightly and allow this to simmer for about 5 or so minutes, until it has thickened up. Then remove it from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese..
- By now, your tortellini should be done and drained. Stir the cooked tortellini into the sauce and stir it all together. That's it! Serve topped with some additional freshly grated parmesan cheese..
If you find this Tortellini with a Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.