Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chocolate Layer Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chocolate Layer Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Saving Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
You may well prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. Possibly the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances can boil water or even steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. Mainly if you ensure that the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is not really that tough. A lot of it really is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate layer cake recipe. To make chocolate layer cake you need 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chocolate Layer Cake:
- Prepare of cake batter.
- Get of cake flour.
- Provide of all-purpose flour.
- Provide of unsweetened cocoa powder, I use Hersheys special dark.
- Use of granulated sugar.
- You need of eggs.
- Get of heavy cream.
- Take of cooled brewed espresso.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Use of baking soda.
- Provide of salt.
- Provide of mayonnaise.
- Provide of vegetable oil.
- Use of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Prepare of bakers chocolate, unsweetened, melted.
- Get of unsalted butter, softened. 8 ounce total.
- Provide of powdered sugar.
- You need of pure vanilla extract.
- You need of heavy cream.
- Get of salt.
- Take of cayenne pepper.
- Get of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Steps to make Chocolate Layer Cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat all wet in ingredients together on medium speed until well blended..
- In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients..
- Slowly add to wet on low speed until just incorporated..
- Grease and flour two 9" cake pans. You may use some cocoa powder instead of flour..
- Place in a preheated 350°F Fahrenheit oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Set on cooling racks to cool 20 minutes before removing from cake pans..
- While cake is baking, start the frosting..
- Cream butter and sugar and cocoa powder together beating on medium speed for 3 minutes..
- Add in melted bakers chocolate, cream and mix..
- Add in other ingredients and beat on medium for 4 minutes..
- Refrigerate until cakes are cooled..
- On your serving platter, place one cake layer. To keep a clean platter, cut parchment paper into strips and place around cake..
- Take frosting and frost top of cake layer. Add second cake on top. Spread frosting on top and work down sides..
- You can take your time and work a smooth texture using an off set spatula. Or just frost using all the frosting and leave swirl marks..
- Top the cake with any decorations you wish. Today, I used crushed butterfinger candies. It helps hide mistakes ;).
- Serve and enjoy. Cake should be stored, covered and refrigerated..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
If you find this Chocolate Layer Cake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.