Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen area more green.
Begin with replacing the light bulbs. This will probably go outside of the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. You should upgrade your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more originally, these bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. Making use of these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to get the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. The family spends a lot of time in the kitchen, and how typically does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This likewise occurs in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; check out the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not really that difficult. It’s about being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy vegan lentil mabo tofu recipe. You can have spicy vegan lentil mabo tofu using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu:
- Get 100 g of lentils, soaked overnight.
- Take 1 block of silk or soft tofu, 350-400 g.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of chunk fresh ginger.
- You need 1 of spring or green onion, white part.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Chinese fermented black beans.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorns, ground.
- Provide 1-2 tsp of douban jiang (spicy chili bean paste).
- Take 1 Tbsp of sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable or kombu stock.
- Provide 2 tsp of potato starch.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Use of Chopped scallions to garnish.
Instructions to make Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu:
- Prep all the ingredients beforehand so you can work quickly while stir-frying (don't forget to soak your lentils for 6-8 hours!). Mince the garlic, green onion and fermented black beans. Grate the ginger and lightly grind the Sichuan peppercorns..
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the sesame oil and fry the ginger, garlic and spring onion until fragrant. Add the fermented black beans and Sichuan peppercorns and fry for about 1 minute, stirring..
- Add the douban jiang/spicy chili bean paste and fry briefly while mixing it into the other ingredients..
- Add the soaked and drained lentils, then pour in enough water to just cover everything. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on medium low for about 15 minutes until the lentils are soft..
- While the lentils are cooking, mix 1/2 cup stock with 2 tsp potato starch, 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar in a small bowl and set aside..
- Once the lentils are soft, cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes and add it into the pan. Gently toss to mix but avoid stirring or the tofu may fall apart..
- Give the stock mix from step 5 a stir and pour it over the lentils and tofu. Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit. Garnish with chopped scallions and serve..
If you find this Spicy Vegan Lentil Mabo Tofu recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.