Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen area more green.
A lot of electricity is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you’re in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. The proper temperature for food is 37F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use a lesser amount of electricity. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to go as often.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is actually something we can all do, without difficulty. A lot of it truly is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil veggie burger patties – healthy, vegan and delicious! recipe. To make red lentil veggie burger patties – healthy, vegan and delicious! you only need 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!:
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils (small, a deep coral color).
- You need 1/2 cup of red quinoa.
- Take 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice, optional.
- Take 1 of small purple onion.
- Provide 4 clove of garlic.
- Use 1/2 bunch of parsley, leaves only.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of almond butter, optional.
- Provide 1 tbsp of raw tahini (sesame seed butter), optional.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Instructions to make Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious!:
- The day before: Rinse lentils well, place in a bowl or jar, cover with water to twice the height of the lentils and leave to soak for 12-24 hours. In a pinch: boil a pot of water, remove from heat and add lentils. Soak for 30-45 mins and continue with recipe..
- Note about optional ingredients: The rice makes the patties slightly fluffier, the nut and seed butters make them moist and add nutrition..
- Prepare rice and quinoa. I like to make a large amount for a meal the day before and put aside enough for the patties..
- Quinoa: Rinse well and leave to soak (optional) for 30 mins up to 4 hours. Drain, place in small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 mins. Fluff with a fork and leave uncovered for another 5 mins..
- Rice: Rinse well. Place in pot with 3 times the amount of water (for example, 1.5 c water for 1/2 c of rice). Bring to a boil, turn down heat to very low and leave covered to simmer for 45 mins. Remove from heat and leave covered another 5 mins..
- Drain lentils. Place them in food processor (or bowl for stick blender) with onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, almond butter, sesame butter and seasoning. Blend until mixture becomes a pasty batter. You can stop a little sooner for more texture..
- Add rice and quinoa to the mixture and check seasoning. Frying makes the patties bland, so the seasoning should taste a little too strong..
- Heat oil in skillet. Spoon out or shape patties with your hands and gently place in oil. Fry both sides until lightly browned, about 3 mins per side..
- Yields 8 burger-style patties or 12-16 smaller patties..
- I have successfully frozen the mix, thawed it in the fridge overnight and prepared patties from it..
If you find this Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties – Healthy, Vegan and Delicious! recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.