Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Limoncello Liqueur, Christmas Gift Idea recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Limoncello Liqueur, Christmas Gift Idea recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This needs to happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not running as efficiently as they should. You can easily save up to 60% on energy whenever you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to run less often, will also save electricity.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not that hard. A lot of it is simply using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys limoncello liqueur, christmas gift idea recipe. You can have vickys limoncello liqueur, christmas gift idea using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Limoncello Liqueur, Christmas Gift Idea:
- Prepare 1000 ml of strong vodka.
- Get 6 of unwaxed lemons.
- Provide 500 grams of caster sugar.
- Get 200 ml of water.
- Take 1 of a jar big enough to hold the litre of vodka.
Steps to make Vickys Limoncello Liqueur, Christmas Gift Idea:
- Remove the lemon peel carefully so you don't take any white pith off with it. I use a vegetable peeler for this.
- Roll the lemons on your work surface so you get the optimum amount of juice when you squeeze them. Do that now and set the juice aside.
- Heat the sugar in a pan with the water over a low heat and stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon peel to the pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan, bring back to the boil then simmer a further 5 minutes. Take off the heat and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Put the juice mix in a jar with a clip top or screw top lid. Add the vodka and seal.
- Shake the jar every 2 days for 2 weeks. Strain the mixture and decant into bottles adding a strip of lemon peel from the strainer to each bottle.
- Serve chilled for an after dinner treat.
- If making for Christmas as a gift for family & friends, start the process around the 8th of December so you have enough time for it to flavour and attach pretty gift tags to the bottles.
It is the perfect edible gift to give to family and friends! Italian Limoncello – Limoncello is a very popular digestif liqueur in Italy, where it is traditionally made from the zest of Sorrento's famed lemons. I am pretty excited to gift these and hoping that the friends that receive these bottles of lemony yum enjoy them as much as I enjoyed the process of making it for them. For the perfect summer pick-me-up, make Giada De Laurentiis' Limoncello, or lemon liqueur, at home with her recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network. Let us share the story of Cello with you and your loved ones.
If you find this Vickys Limoncello Liqueur, Christmas Gift Idea recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.