Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Run the stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, take the stairs to the floor you live or work on. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an attempt on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a few times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about reducing your weight. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala plum/fruit cake recipe. To make kerala plum/fruit cake you only need 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake:
- Use 125 grams of Butter, softened.
- Provide 110 grams of Caster sugar.
- Get 75 grams of Sugar for caramel syrup.
- Take 60 millilitres of water Hot.
- Get 2 of numbers Egg white.
- Get 2 of numbers Egg yolk.
- Get 150 grams of Plain flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Lime juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Pineapple jam.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of dried fruits Mixed, chopped.
- Use 1/4 cup of Cashew nuts, chopped (lightly roasted).
- You need 60 millilitres of Dark rum.
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of Spice powder.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Orange peel, dried and powdered.
Instructions to make Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake:
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes. Line base and sides of a deep 20 cm round cake pan with baking paper..
- Beat egg white until peek, keep aside..
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until soft and creamy..
- Add egg yolk, one at a time and beat until well combined. Add vanilla essence and lime juice. Add cool caramel syrup and mix well..
- Add sifted flour,baking powder and salt mixture along with egg white and fold well..
- Finally, fold in mixed dried fruits, cashew nuts, pineapple jam, spice powder, dried and powdered orange peel mixture..
- Spread the cake mixture into prepared pan. Bake for around 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan..
- NOTES – Brush top of hot cake with extra rum, if desired..
- For mixed fruits i used a combination of raisins, glaced cherries, candied orange and lemon peel. Chop all the fruits into small pieces and soak them in dark rum for a period of minimum 1 week or until absorbed..
- To avoid sinking, dust the soaked fruits with some sifted flour and baking powder mixture before using..
- To make caramel syrup, combine sugar and little water in a sauce pan. When the sugar melts and becomes dark brown add 60 ml hot water. Melt completely and let it come to room temperature..
- Spice powder is a combination of cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dry ginger. Grind all the spices to a fine powder..
- To make dried and powdered orange peel, wash and peel the oranges and cut the peels into thin slices and spread it in a tray and keep under the sun for 3- 4 days, grind into a fine powder..
- For measuring mixed dried fruits and cashewnut i used 250 ml measuring cup..
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature especially butter and egg. Sift together the flour,baking powder and salt..
On popular demand by readers…once again Kerala Plum Cake – Christmas Fruit Cake. Kerala Plum Cake or Christmas Fruit Cake is made with rum soaked dry fruits and caramelized sugar syrup and spices. Plum Cake, Quick and Easy Cake, Fresh or Frozen Fruit Desert Recipe, ROKCO Youtube cookbook recipe. This Kerala style plum cake is made without alcohol. But recently i discovered that the colour comes from the dark caramel and not from the cocoa.
If you find this Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.