Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Be sensible when you do your food shopping. If you make smart choices when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and make what you already have. Fill your cabinets with wholesome foods. This way—even if you choose something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to katsudon or could be oyako don – japanese staple dish recipe. To cook katsudon or could be oyako don – japanese staple dish you need 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish:
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of tonkatsu (1/2 if big) or 1 thighs.
- Use 2 of good quality eggs.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of dashi powder.
- Get 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- Get 1 tablespoon of shoyu (soy sauce).
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
Steps to make Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish:
- Slice onion. In a pan, heat 1/2 cup water and add dashi and mirin. When boiled, add onion and cook low heat for 10 minutes. Add sugar and shoyu. Taste and add more shoyu if needed..
- Cut the tonkatsu bite size and place on top of the onion and cook a few minutes. Many Asian supermarket sells tonkatsu. This is panko breaded fried pork. For oyako don, replace this with chicken thighs. Cook for 5 minutes till chicken is cooked..
- In a bowl, mix eggs very roughly and pour over the tonkatsu. Rise to medium heat for 20 seconds then high heat for 20-30 seconds till eggs look 70% cooked. Stop the heat..
- Put one cup rice in a bowl. Carefully top the katsu/egg on the rice. Try to slide from the pot on top of the rice. Sprinkle hichimi (Japanese seven spice chilli powder).
When you whisk the eggs, don't blend the whites. I would suffer through plates of teriyaki and. Donburi (short Don) is a bowl of rice with different ingredients as topping such as meat, fish or vegetables on. I usually substitute it with chicken too and I still love it although she raised her eyebrow when I told her that 😀 Well, I love. It's basically a Japanese version of schnitzel, although the Tonkatsu for Katsu-don.
If you find this Katsudon or could be oyako don – Japanese staple dish recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.