Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simply Delicious Squash Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simply Delicious Squash Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Dollars.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has fully changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family must start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area to start as any. This will certainly go outside of the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent type, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Utilizing these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than merely replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The kitchen lights especially tend to be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This additionally happens in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, after all. It’s related to being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simply delicious squash casserole recipe. You can cook simply delicious squash casserole using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simply Delicious Squash Casserole:
- Prepare of degrees preheated oven.
- Use of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get of diced squash (your choice) about 1" cubes.
- Prepare of medium yellow onion (diced small).
- You need of garlic (minced).
- Use of eggs.
- Use of whole milk.
- Provide of grated cheese (i use Colby).
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Get of Ritz crackers divided.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste (i use seasoning salt).
Instructions to make Simply Delicious Squash Casserole:
- In a small bowl beat together eggs and milk. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute squash and onion in olive oil until it starts to get fork tender. Around 20-25 minutes. Add garlic during the last 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to your taste. Remove from heat..
- Add egg mixture, cheese, butter,and ten crushed up Ritz crackers. Combine well. The residual heat should melt everything together. Pour into a buttered baking dish of your choice. I use a 9 " pie plate..
- Crush up remaining Ritz crackers and sprinkle evenly over the top. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve. Enjoy..
- In my cover photo I used a mixture of yellow squash and zucchini. I would think butternut or acorn squash would work just as well. Even frozen squash from your grocer will work. I also use some bacon grease when I am sautéing the squash. You can't beat the extra smokey flavor it adds..
It's appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes delicious. Lightweight Camping Equipment – Meals, Stoves and Cookware. Chop the onion, mince the garlic, grate and slice the squash, grate the cheese and crush the crackers. Add squash and cook until tender.
If you find this Simply Delicious Squash Casserole recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.