Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Red lentils recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Red lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Money.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers and hippies? That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
A lot of electricity is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. In case you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that happen to be more than ten years old. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. Another way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to operate as often.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, of course. A lot of it is basically using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentils recipe. You can have red lentils using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Red lentils:
- Use 1 of overful cup of split red lentils(soak about half hour).
- You need 1 of medium -large white onion.
- Get Half of can of tomato pureed briefly (about 3 tomatoes).
- Prepare 400 ml of water.
- Use of Spices:l level tsp garlic paste.
- You need of Spices:1 teaspoon salt(another tsp for before cooking them).
- Get of spices:half teaspoon tumeric powder,1 tspn cumin seed.
- Take of Spices:1 tspn Red chilli flakes(optional,but gives nice flavor).
- You need of Quater cup or so, cooking oil(see pictt of oil used in pan).
- Take of Garnish:corriander and green pepper /paprika.
Instructions to make Red lentils:
- Soak red lentil in 1 cup warm water,about half hour until water absorbed most of water.discard remaining water over sink.
- After discard water add about tspn of salt nd stir.. set aside while you fry onions and spices..fry onions until golden brown not burnt then add spices to cook then in oil briefly.then add lentils and.
- Add spices,lentils and tomatoes and water,stir and cover them cook on medium low heat until sift then on low heat til ready(here they wher slightly mushy as how they are preferred when eating esp with flat breads etc,but can also make not mushy by cookin bit less..can try these different texture and use as prefer inshaallah.
- Add chopped corriander and chopped green peppers..
- Bismillah and enjoy!.
You can serve lentils hot with rice or cold in a salad. Red lentils are a good source of protein and an excellent source of dietary fibre. Reserving some of the capsicum to use as a garnish, add the rest to the saucepan. Add chili, lentils, coriander, cumin, turmeric and ground ginger to pan. Look for these lentils in any Indian market or your local health food store.
If you find this Red lentils recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.