Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Sausage & Bean Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Sausage & Bean Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is finished, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Be smart when you do your food shopping. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier automatically. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home quickly and have something beneficial. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthful. This makes it easy to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a whole lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You need to help make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy sausage & bean stew recipe. To cook easy sausage & bean stew you only need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Sausage & Bean Stew:
- You need of oil (veg or olive is fine).
- Prepare of medium onion, chopped.
- Provide of large carrot, cut into 1/4" cubes.
- Prepare of large stem celery, chopped.
- Get of large cloves garlic, chopped.
- Take of bay leaf.
- You need of cumin.
- Get of black pepper.
- Provide of dried thyme.
- You need of paprika.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Get of ketchup.
- Take of salt to start.
- You need of vinegar (apple cider preferred, but white or red wine will work in a pinch).
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of can of beans of choice, well drained (I used pinto.).
- Get of sausage link, cut into 1/4" thick coins (I used plain smoked sausage.).
- Use of unsalted chicken, beef, or vegetable stock (water's fine in a pinch).
- Use of optional: 1 Tablespoon hot sauce of choice.
Instructions to make Easy Sausage & Bean Stew:
- Preheat the oil in a pot to medium and sweat the onion, carrot, celery and garlic until the onions turn translucent..
- Stir in the bay, cumin, thyme, paprika, oregano, and ketchup..
- Add the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, beans, sausage, and stock, (and also your hot sauce if you choose to add it) stir to incorporate, turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes..
- Adjust the seasoning if needed (but remember all the flavors – especially the salt – will intensify a bit during the next step where you're cooking partially uncovered and the liquid reduces)..
- Crush about 1/3 of the beans with a masher, turn the heat to low, and simmer with lid askew for another 15 minutes. Crushing some of the beans releases their starch and thickens the sauce..
- Enjoy over steamed rice. (Or with crusty bread or mashed potatoes or whatever works for you.).
This Easy Egg & Sausage Casserole with cheddar cheese is perfect for brunch, a weeknight meal, or a nice breakfast. Add the browned sausage and fat to the bread cubes and vegetables. We love that it can be mixed up and baked right away, sitting overnight isn't necessary. You could start with our ever-popular easy sausage casserole recipe, or how about our five star sausages and beans? Place the celery, onions, and butter in the same skillet.
If you find this Easy Sausage & Bean Stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.