Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it appears we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
While it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and possibly this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances can boil water or even steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. You get the maximum energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably easy to live green, of course. A lot of it is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars recipe. You can cook cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Take of For the rhubarb puree.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of water.
- You need of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- Get 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- Take 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- Take of For the rhubarb curd.
- Take 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- You need 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- Take 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of red dye.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Provide of zest of 1 lemon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup of flour.
Instructions to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
Serve these at any summer party or celebration where there is a crowd of. Like your dessert with a little zing? Spread the diced rhubarb on top of the crust. My rhubarb has been up for awhile now and ready to be picked. Browse my blog for all the best rhubarb.
If you find this Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.