Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Drink water, not other beverages. Soda and coffee, when ingested in moderation, aren’t that bad. Using them for your sole source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. Having water instead of other forms of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce recipe. You can cook mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce using 46 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Prepare of ● For The Meat.
- You need 3 Pounds of Fresh Chicken Breast [de-boned – fat trimmed – 1.5" cubed].
- Get of ● For The Brine.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Use 1/4 Cup of Salt.
- Prepare 6 Drops of Liquid Smoke [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Take 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes [+ reserves for marinade].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use 1 tbsp of Ground Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Each Dried Cilantro, Dried Chives & Dried Parsley [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Paprika [+ reserves for marinade].
- Use 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get of ● For The Fresh Vegetables.
- Provide 3 of LG Vidalia Onions [quartered – reserve 1 for chicken scewers].
- You need 1 of Purple Onion [quartered].
- Prepare 1 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Provide 1 of LG Red Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Get 2 of LG Green Bell Peppers [1.5" chop].
- Provide 2 Boxes of LG Mushrooms [left whole – white & brown].
- Take as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves [for serving].
- Provide 1 of LG Zucchini [1.5" chop – optional].
- Prepare 1 of LG Eggplant [1.5" chop – optional].
- Use of ● For The Bread Options.
- Take as needed of LG Fresh Garlic Naan Bread.
- Use as needed of LG Fresh Thick Flour Tortillas.
- Take of ● For The Tzatziki Sauce [DILL-ICIOUS!].
- Provide 2 of EX LG Garden Cucumbers [peeled – de-seeded – shreaded].
- You need 1 tsp of Course Sea Salt [to help drain cucumber fluids].
- Provide 2 tbsp of Fresh Dill [+ reserves for garnish].
- Take 24 oz of Fresh Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Greek Pain Yogurt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Get 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice [+ 1 tbsp Lemon Zest].
- Provide 1 tbsp of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Provide 1 of Small English Cucumber [for garnish].
- Prepare of ● For The Additions & Utensils.
- You need as needed of Olive Oil [for coating chicken].
- Provide as needed of Pam Olive Oil Spray [for vegetables].
- Provide as needed of Metal Scewers.
- Get as needed of Cheese Cloth.
- Take 2 of LG Serving Trays [to keep chicken separate from vegetables].
- Get 1 of Pair BBQ Tongs.
Instructions to make Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Two extra large 2 lb chicken breasts pictured below. ● Authors Note: When purchasing raw chicken, choose firm, never frozen, nicely pink colored, fat and bruise free, organic plump breasts for best results every time..
- Rinse your chicken and cut off anything unsightly. Place in a large bowl and fill with whole ice cubes..
- Heat up 3 cups water and add everything in the Brine section. Mix well and regularly until all salt and sugars are fully dissolved. Allow brine to cool off before adding it to your chicken and ice mixture..
- Mix brine with chicken and ice. Add enough ice cold water to fully cover chicken. You'll want your temperature consistently between 35° and 40°..
- Seal tightly and place in fridge for 4 hours minimum – 8 hours maximum..
- While waiting – create your Tzatziki Sauce. Peel, then half your cucumbers lengthwise. Spoon out all seeds and disgard them..
- Shread and place cucumbers in a strainer with 1 tsp course sea salt. Mix well. Let cucumbers set in the sink for at least an hour – stirring and pressing occasionally. The salt will help to sweat and drain the copious fluids within your cucumbers..
- Rinse, dry and chop your vegetables into 1.5" cuts. Try to be consistent with chop sizes for grilling continuity. ● Authors Note: When cleaning your mushrooms, gently wipe them down with a damp cloth or paper towel. If you rinse them under water, know they'll absorb all of that fluid and you'll end up with a soggy mushroom mess!.
- After an hour – place your shreaded cucumbers in [preferably] cheese cloth or, several sturdy clean paper towels. Squeeze tightly again and again until all fluids are strained. If not, you'll have a runny sauce. Add everything in the ● Tatziki Sauce section together, mix well and chill for an hour minimum. It's best at 2+ hours. Know that as it sits and chills in the fridge, it will take on another delicious flavor all together. Stir your sauce occasionally. Serves 10..
- Following brine – pull chicken from ice water, drain fluids and place in a dry bowl. Using paper towels, gently dab your chicken strips dry..
- ● Cut chicken breasts into 1.5" pieces. ● Place chicken back in bowl. ● Mix in just enough olive oil to fully coat chicken. Then, season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed above in the ● Brine section. ● Allow chicken pieces to marinate for an hour + in the fridge. I put mine into a Ziplock Bag for space sake but, it's your choice ● Stir or massage chicken occasionally. ● I'll marinate my chicken pieces overnight for fullest flavor..
- Feed your fresh garden vegetables onto your scewers..
- Lightly spray vegetables with an olive oil spray and season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed in the ● Brine section. Then, spray again to seal on dried seasonings..
- Thread your marinated chicken on to your metal scewers with a 1" piece of onion in between each chicken cube. This is an important step for #1: flavor and, #2: even grilling. Lightly season chicken again if desired..
- Clean, spray and fire up your grill..
- Ready your meat, vegetables and breads. Place your chicken on direct heat and your vegetables on the higher rack away from direct flames. ● Turn chicken regularly. Grill 20 minutes then, turn up the heat and char your chicken and vegetables. Know that brined meat is harder to char so, turn your heat up to at least 500°. Be careful not to burn..
- Meat on flames – veggies on top rack..
- Charred chicken and vegetables served in a large bowl. "communal style.".
- Extra large Garlic Naan Breads. They come 2 per pack. You'll need 5 packages. One per person should be enough to fill them up. Especially with a garden, or wedge side salad..
- Lightly spray your bread of choice on one side with spray Pam. To taste – lightly sprinkle on Cumin, Granulated Garlic and Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning and White Pepper. Then, spray again to seal in those delicious spices. Place on hot grill until bread is slightly charred. Charred, not burnt..
- Serve chicken and veggies hot on warmed, seasoned and charred Naan Bread. No garnishes are needed other than maybe some fresh Cilantro and of course, your creamy chilled Tzatziki Sauce. Oh, and you don't want to forget the ice cold beer! Enjoy!.
- It's so cool to get your kids to WANT to eat their veggies! Here's proof positive. My students wake at midnight only to reheat their Vegetarian Style Kebabs wrapped in warmed tortillas with their chilled Tzatziki Sauce! With that, GO TEAM MIKE!.
How To Make Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs. And if you want to switch it up sometime, use the cilantro vinaigrette instead. Make your own chicken kebabs for a lighter version of the takeaway favourite. Chicken is marinated in a Greek-style mixture of herbs with oil, vinegar, and lemon juice before being threaded onto skewers with bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes for a tasty spin on grilled chicken. This chicken shish kebab dish is great for both outdoor barbecuing and oven grilling.
If you find this Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.