Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Run the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a seriously high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is entirely do-able. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an attempt on the stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a few times a day—can be just the added boost that your system needs.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about losing weight. You need to help make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to diner style lemon meringue pie recipe. To cook diner style lemon meringue pie you need 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Provide 1-9 inch of deep dish pie crust.
- Use of Filling:.
- Take 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Take 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Zest of 2 lemons.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Provide 1/4-1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice. *See note*.
- Take 3 tablespoons of butter not margarine.
- Provide 4 of egg yolks (keep whites for meringue).
- Take of Mile High Meringue:.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- Get 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Provide of Secret to no weep meringue:.
- Get 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Use 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Use 1/2 cup of water.
- Use of Note:.
- Use of I like mine slightly tart so I use 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Take of Use 1/4 cup or to your preference for sweeter or tangier filling.
Steps to make Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Make your own 9 inch crust or use frozen. Bake at 350 until light golden brown. Cool completely..
- In heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir until dissolved..
- Heat over medium heat,stirring often,until thick and bubbling slightly..
- Whisk egg yolks and add 3 spoons of hot thickened filling to temper eggs stirring constantly..
- Add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and tempered eggs into thickened mixture and stirring constantly cook until mixture thickens more and bubbles slightly..
- Pour filling into pre baked crust. Set on wire rack to cool..
- Wash pan and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Whisk..
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and cook until mixture thickens and starts to look like it is getting clear..
- Set aside to cool completely..
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in the 4 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla..
- Beat to incorporate. Add the cooled mixture to egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form..
- Spread meringue over pie and with spoon slightly tap top and pull up to form small peaks..
- Brown in 350 degree oven until light brown..
- Cool completely and refrigerate covered in cake carrier so the meringue doesnt get messed up..
- Cool completely. I usually make mine a day ahead and let it chill overnight..
For the meringue, whisk the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric whisk until they form stiff peaks. With a kitchen blowtorch, gently go over the meringue until a toasted color is achieved. As a kid, I practically lived at her house and, with so many good smells coming from the kitchen, I was. You can also use key limes in place of lemons for. · Although its style varies from diner to diner, lemon layer cake is a regular item on the lunch counter. Then try this lemon meringue pie.
If you find this Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.