Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Make smart choices when grocery shopping. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier automatically. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a chaotic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home immediately and have something beneficial. Make sure that what you already have is nutritious. This makes it easy to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done every day, can do plenty to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your healthfulness. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie recipe. To make shepherd's pie you need 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of half & half.
- Get 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Use 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- Use 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced (about one cup).
- Take 2-3 of carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup).
- Prepare 2 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Take 1 1/2 lbs of ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef.
- Get 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- Take 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves.
- Provide of Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup).
- Use 1 cup of frozen peas.
Steps to make Shepherd's Pie:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute..
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula..
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving..
If you find this Shepherd's Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.