Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These kinds of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Why don’t we begin with something really easy, changing the particular light bulbs. Accomplish this for the whole house, not only the kitchen. The normal light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. You also have to obtain the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. This also happens in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, of course. A lot of it really is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy cajun red beans & rice recipe. To cook creamy cajun red beans & rice you only need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice:
- Prepare 1 lb of Sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of andouille sausage.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of Seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- Provide 2 lb of Dried kidney beans.
- Get 1/4 cup of Dale's low sodium marinade.
- Get 1/4 cup of liquid smoke flavor (hickory).
- Get 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Get 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Use 3 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 of medium bay leaves.
- Get 2 tbsp of low sodium creole seasoning.
- Take 1 of hot water.
- You need 2 stick of butter.
- Get of Serving Suggestions.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
Steps to make Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice:
- Rinse and Soak beans as you normally would..
- Cut sausage, and andouille, brown well in skillet with seasoning blend. Let stick well to bottom without burning..
- Add soaked beans to slow cooker or thick iron pot..
- Add browned seasoning blend and sausages to the pot..
- Deglaze the skillet. Add 1 cup water to skillet off heat, scrape all the brown up into the water making a dark flavorful broth. Add to pot..
- Add all other seasoning to the pot..
- Pour enough water to cover all ingredients. Slow cook on high in slow cooker for about 4-5 hours until tender to your liking. Or Slow cook in iron pot for 3-4 hours one a low med heat making sure not to stick, adding more water if necessary until tender to your liking..
- After beans are tender turn off heat, stir in 2 sticks butter till melted, mash with potato masher, or back of spoon until creamy enough for your liking..
- Serve over cooked rice..
Red beans & rice is a traditional Creole dish made with red beans, veggies, and, often, leftover pork bones. Dried white beans, such as Great Northern or Navy beans, seasoned with the Trinity, garlic, green onion, parsley, bacon and andouille sausage, and I always have to chuckle when I make these Cajun White Beans because I swear, leave it to us southerners to take a product called Great Northern. This Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe is made with tender shrimp, colorful veggies, and the most delicious zesty alfredo sauce. CREOLE CREAMY BEANS: Our Creole style canned beans are a perfect start to any Southern dish. Here is my way of making a New Orleans Louisiana style red beans and rice at home.
If you find this Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.