Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. Working out at the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Take the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work as opposed to using the elevator. While this will be difficult to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. So many people choose the elevator over climbing even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have one flight to climb, climbing down and up it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your lifestyle choices. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turnip greens salad with toasted sunflower seeds recipe. To make turnip greens salad with toasted sunflower seeds you only need 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds:
- Get 1 of large bunch turnip greens, spinach komatsuna or other asian greens.
- Prepare 6-7 Tbsp (60 g) of unsalted, shelled sunflower seeds.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of salt + more if needed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of **Optional**.
- Use 1 tsp of yuzu or lemon zest.
Instructions to make Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds:
- Wash the turnip greens well to remove any dirt. Cut in half so you have the thicker stem and the leaf separated. Bring a big pot of water to a boil and blanch the stems for 1-2 minutes and the leaves for 30 sec. – 1 minute until bright green and just a little tender. Remove from boiling water and dunk in cold water right away to stop the cooking..
- Squeeze out the water from the cooled down greens. Cut into 1 or 2 cm pieces. Put in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp salt (you want it just a little bit salt flavor because you'll add soy sauce later)..
- Next toast the sunflower seeds! In a dry frying pan with no oil, toast the seeds over medium low until they start to crackle a little and get some color. Be careful not to burn – they can toast quickly!.
- With a mortar & pestle (suribachi) or food processor, crush the seeds into small pieces, but don't make them all into a powder..
- Put the sunflower seeds into the bowl with the greens and toss to mix. Add 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp soy sauce. Toss and taste. Add a little more soy sauce (or salt) if needed..
- If you have a yuzu or lemon, you can try adding some of the zest into the greens too!.
This salad is my go-to dish whenever I need a boost of energy and green goodness. A wide variety of sunflower seeds roaster options are available to you, such as applicable industries, warranty, and application fields. Use fine ground sunflower seeds to dust your meats with in place of flour. Fennel and Orange Salad with Red Onion. Sunflower seeds are a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that fights free radicals, which are unstable molecules that may contribute to cancer.
If you find this Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.