Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is complete, most people do not wish to go to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Take the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work instead of using the elevator. This isn’t as simple to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a excellent way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an attempt on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a several times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to youtiao/chinese fried long donuts/cakwe recipe. To make youtiao/chinese fried long donuts/cakwe you only need 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe:
- Prepare 400 gr of all purpose flour.
- Get 1.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1 tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of baking soda.
- Provide 1 of sdt garlic powder.
- Get 270 gr of water.
- Use of Canola oil as needed to coat the dough.
Steps to make Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe:
- Mix well the dry ingredients. Pour in the water..
- Knead the dough until it feels soft. Coat the dough with oil..
- Put the dough in a bowl then cover the bowl with plastic wrap..
- Leave the dough in room temperature for 4 to 6 hours or put it in the fridge overnight..
- In the morning, take out the dough and let it sit on the counter (wrapped) for 1 – 2 hours until the dough is back to room temperature and VERY soft to the touch. This step is very important because when the dough is not in room temperature, it won't fry up properly..
- Gently flip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle very lightly flour the top side of the dough also..
- Roll out the dough to get about 1/4 in thick (about 4 in wide). Cut the the dough into 1 x 4 in strips (try to cut an even number of strips). Dip a chopstick in the water then press the center of one strip lengthwise. Put another strip on top of it then press the center (lengthwise) with a chopstick..
- Preheat the oil to fry until is very hot over medium heat..
- Hold the two ends of each piece and gently stretch the dough to a 7 to 8-inch long rope..
- Then put it in the hot oil. As soon as the dough floats, roll the dough in a continuous motion for about a minute by using chopsticks or tongs..
- The youtiao is done once they turn light golden brown..
- Repeat step 10, 11, 12 for the remaining dough..
From the name, you can probably guess that this is basically some sort of. Youtiao is popularly known as You Char Kway in Malaysia and Singapore, in other words they are Chinese Fried Churros, Chinese Cruller, Chinese Oil Stick. A comforting breakfast staple loved by many, Chinese doughnut sticks (Youtiao) are light, airy & pleasantly chewy. So we wanted to show you how to make Youtiao, Chinese fried dough sticks. The Cantonese dialect has an even better name: yàuhjagwái (油炸鬼), which literally translates to "oil-fried-devil" (or ghost).
If you find this Youtiao/Chinese Fried Long Donuts/Cakwe recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.