Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. These types of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
You may prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. Possibly the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances can boil water or steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is specifically effective when it’s full before a cycle is going. Preserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Natural living is something we can all perform, without difficulty. It’s concerning being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bp's n'orleans shrimp n grits recipe. To make bp's n'orleans shrimp n grits you need 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits:
- Get of for the shrimp.
- Use 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- Provide 1 lb of Andouille Sausage, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- Take 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Use 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Use 1/2 stick of stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, diced.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of small red onion, diced.
- Provide 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need of for the grits.
- Prepare 1 cup of grits.
- Get 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Provide 1 cup of beef or chicken broth, low sodium + extra to thin grits as they cook.
- Use 1 stick of butter.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Get 1 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- Get 1 tsp of blk pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of onion powder.
Steps to make BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits:
- In a large pot bring all liquids to boil, add butter and seasonings.
- Slowly stir in grits while whisking nonstop for about two minutes..
- Reduce heat to low and cook grits, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes..
- Adding extra broth as needed to keep the grits thin. Add cheese and whisk well, add more broth if needed..
- To prepare the shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, season with all the spices and set aside..
- In a large saute pan add butter and olive oil over medium high heat, add all the vegetables, except garlic and saute for 5 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute more..
- Add andouille sausage and saute about 10-15 minutes, until browned. Add shrimp and cook about 3-4 minutes are until no longer pink..
- Serve on top of hot grits…yes sir!.
If you find this BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.