Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen more green.
Begin with exchanging the light bulbs. This will certainly go beyond the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent style, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a little bit more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Utilizing these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than just exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently come across members of a family, and often the lights usually are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. This additionally occurs in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it really should be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is not really that tough. It’s concerning being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker potato soup recipe. You can have slow cooker potato soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Cooker Potato Soup:
- Take 3 lb of potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Get 1 of medium yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 of (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth.
- Get 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Take 1 of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Take 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 9 oz of bacon, cooked and diced or crumbled.
- Take 4 of green onions, diced.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Potato Soup:
- To a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours ( poke potatoes with a fork to check make sure they're soft)..
- Ladle out 2 cups liquid from soup mixture in crock pot into a liquid measuring cup, set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes..
- While whisking, slowly pour 2 cups liquid in measuring cup into butter mixture, it will thicken quickly. Pour butter mixture into slow cooker and stir to blend. If desired, mash potatoes with a potato masher to break down into smaller pieces..
- Cover and cook on high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Turn heat off or to warm, stir in sour cream. Serve warm topped with cheddar, bacon and green onions..
Add the carrots, potatoes, spices, and chicken broth. Add (raw) potatoes and other ingredients to the slow cooker. Slow Cooker Potato and Leek Soup Recipe. Use a hand immersion blender or kitchen blender to create a smooth and thickened soup. When the potatoes are soft, add in the salt and black pepper then blend everything together with a hand blender then leave to cook for another hour.
If you find this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.