Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Walnut and Ricotta Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Walnut and Ricotta Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Walnut and Ricotta Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it looks like we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are unable to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
You may possibly prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. If you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. You get the highest energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that tough. Largely, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to walnut and ricotta cake recipe. To cook walnut and ricotta cake you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Walnut and Ricotta Cake:
- You need of sugar + 1/4 cup sugar.
- Provide of Walnut pieces (finely chopped).
- Use of salted butter.
- Provide of eggs separated.
- Use of finely grated peel from 1 orange.
- Take of ricotta cheese.
- Use of flour.
- You need of vanilla.
- Provide of nutmeg optional.
- Use of apricot jam (for glaze).
- You need of brandy (for glaze).
- You need of semi-sweet chocolate for grating garnish.
Steps to make Walnut and Ricotta Cake:
- Preheat oven 375 degrees..
- Grease and line bottom of 9" springform pan..
- Roast walnuts over medium heat for only a few minutes..
- Cream butter, flour, ricotta, egg yolks, grated orange peel, and 2/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy..
- Whip egg whites in separate bowl until stiff. Incorporate 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla into egg whites. (add optional dash of nutmeg).
- Fold whites and nuts into the batter 1/2 at a time..
- Place batter in pan, bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Let cool in pan..
- Transfer cake to a plate..
- Heat apricot and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan..
- Press apricot mix through a sieve and stir in brandy. Drizzle over cake. Top with chocolate shavings..
If you find this Walnut and Ricotta Cake recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.