Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Old Fashioned Low Country Boil recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Old Fashioned Low Country Boil recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Old Fashioned Low Country Boil recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Start out with exchanging the bulbs. This will go outside of the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. You need to upgrade your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly find members of a family, and often the lights may not be turned off until the last person goes to bed. This likewise takes place in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. A lot of it is basically utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to old fashioned low country boil recipe. To cook old fashioned low country boil you only need 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Old Fashioned Low Country Boil:
- Take 2 lb of medium sized shrimp.
- You need 1 lb of snow crab legs (or your choice of crab).
- Prepare 2 lb of sausage (andouille, spicy your choice).
- Take 2 lb of small red potatoes.
- Provide 2 loaf of French bread.
- Get 8 of corn on the cob (fresh if possible but frozen is fine).
- Get 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic, roughly chopped.
- Get 1 packages of shrimp, crawfish, crab boil.
- Use 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Use of butter.
Steps to make Old Fashioned Low Country Boil:
- In a large stock pot, fill halfway with water. Add onions, garlic, celery, cayenne pepper, and bring to boil.
- Rinse shrimp and crab. Set aside..
- Wash red potatoes. If they are small enough add whole to boiling water. Otherwise slice in half. Boil for 10 minutes..
- Slice ears of corn into two or three chunks. Add to potatoes in boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes..
- Add seasoning bag to boiling water..
- Slice sausage into chunks. Add to water. Reduce heat. Cook for 6 minutes..
- Add crab legs to pot. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. The crab legs should really just be heating up. Adjust the time based on their size..
- Add shrimp to pot. Cover and cook till pink and the shrimp have separated from their shells..
- Slice french bread. Butter and broil until lightly browned. Serve immediately with boil..
- At this point you can remove pot from direct heat and let food absorb more of the flavors from the water, or serve immediately..
- Serve with hot sauce, lemons, and butter..
If you find this Old Fashioned Low Country Boil recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.