Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepards Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepards Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green Plus Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your cooking area more green.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good an area to start as any. This will certainly go further than the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. You need to change your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost a little bit more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. Coupled with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. The family spends considerable time in the cooking area, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not limited to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house as well. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepards pie recipe. To cook shepards pie you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepards Pie:
- Use 3 cup of mash potatoes.
- Provide 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Use 2 of carrots diced small.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground meat.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Provide 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Take 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- Take 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Use pinch of paprika.
Steps to make Shepards Pie:
- You can make your own mash potatoes or instant are fine, I use whatever I have time for..
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Place canola oil in 12 inch saute pan set over medium high heat. Add onion and carrots and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and stir..
- Add the meat, salt and pepper and cook until browned about 3 minutes. Then drain the meat if needed..
- Sprinkle the meat with flour toss to coat and cook another minute. Then add the tomato paste, chicken broth, Worcestershire, thyme, and stir..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until sauce is thickened..
- Add corn and peas to meat mixture and spread evenly into a 11 by 7 baking dish. Top with mash potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent bubbling over. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Place on cookie sheet in middle of oven for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
You'll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd's pie from Martha Stewart. Shepherd's pie is a great dish to prepare ahead of time. Cottage Pie uses ground beef, while Shepherd's Pie uses ground lamb. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Shepherd's Pie Ingredients: Alright, grocery list time.
If you find this Shepards Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.