Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home immediately and eat something beneficial. Your house should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it easy to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's easy chile verde sauce recipe. To cook mike's easy chile verde sauce you only need 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce:
- You need of Chile Verde Sauce.
- Use 2 lb of Pork [purchase pre-cut in 1" cubes].
- Use 1 of 12 oz Hot Or Mild Bueno Chopped Hatch Green Chile [use 3/4 bucket initially and reserve the rest until end].
- Prepare 1 each of If you can't find Hatch Chiles Use 1 Of These Or Mix & Match: 4 4oz Cans Green Chiles – Or 8 Extra Large Jalapeños – Or 8 Large Mira Sol Chilis – Or 8 Large Poblanos – Or 8 Large Anaheim Chiles [chopped-seeds left in are optional for additional heat].
- Use 2 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth [you may not need all].
- You need 1 can of 12 oz Tomatillos [drained-smashed].
- Prepare 1 of Extra Large White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1 small of Can Rotell Tomatoes & Green Chiles.
- Use 1 cup of Chopped Celery [with leaves] [optional].
- You need 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro [chopped-loosely packed].
- Provide 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Take 1/3 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cumin [reserve 1/2 tbs for end].
- Take 3 medium of Potatoes [small cubed-peels on].
- You need 1/2 cup of Additional Fresh Cilantro [reserve for end].
- Provide 1 tsp of Salt [or more to taste].
- You need 2 tbsp of Cornstarch And 2 tbs Water [used to thicken sauce].
- Take of Kitchen Equipment.
- Take 1 large of Thick Bottom Cooking Pot.
- Take 1 box of Baking Soda [use in 1/4 tsp increments].
- Get of Optional Toppings & Garnishments.
- You need 2 cup of Mexican 3 Cheese [1 cup in pot – 1 cup for garnish – optional].
Instructions to make Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce:
- Chop all vegetables. Chop potatoes and [additional] cilantro and set to side. Place potatoes in cool water for later use..
- Mix everything together [except 1/4 green chile, additional cilantro and cumin and potatoes] and place in large pot. Simmer until pork is fall apart tender. Usually about 3+ hours. The chicken version is much quicker boiling wise..
- 25 minutes before sauce is ready, add your potatoes to the pot. After 15 minutes, add the remaining 1/4 of your green chile, additional cilantro and cumin and simmer with lid on for 10 more minutes or until potatoes are soft. Adding your additional chiles, cilantro and cumin last allows those flavors to slowly steep into your sauce without diluting their flavors..
- This sauce is meant to have a slight viscosity or thickness to it. Enough to stick to a tortilla or a chip but be poured over burritos, etc. Your potatoes may have tightened your sauce up in the end but if not, mix your 2 tablespoons corn starch and 2 tablespoons water and add 1/2 of it to your simmering pot. Your sauce should thicken up within a minute at a higher simmer. If you'd like it even thicker, add the rest of your corn starch mixture..
- If your Verde tastes as though it has too high of an acidic taste from your Tomatillos, just add 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda to your simmering sauce. Your sauce will foam up a bit but don't worry. It'll go right back down. Taste test and add 1/4 teaspoon more until the acid has subsided..
- Serve immediately or allow to simmer on low on the stove for a few hours. Enjoy!.
- Chile Verde with shredded chicken option pictured..
- Smothered Chicken Tacos pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344608-mikes-smothered-soft-chicken-tacos.
- Smothered Pork Burritos pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353608-mikes-easy-cheesy-fried-burritos.
- Smothered Hamburger [The Slopper] pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354259-mikes-new-mexico-slopper.
- Smothered Hangover Hash pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347731-mikes-green-chile-hangover-hash.
- Smothered Green Chile Chicken Chimichanga pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363704-mikes-green-chile-chicken-chimmies.
- Smothered Green Chile Enchiladas De Cilantro pictured. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347569-mikes-green-chile-enchiladas-de-cilantro.
If you find this Mike's Easy Chile Verde Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.