Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it seems we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
Perhaps the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and perhaps this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is definitely not true. You get the highest energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
From the above it really should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty easy to live green, all things considered. It’s related to being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roast potatoes with duck fat recipe. You can cook roast potatoes with duck fat using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Roast potatoes with duck fat:
- Provide 2 of x k Rooster potatoes or King Edward.
- Use 100 of x g duck fat or lard.
- Prepare of Enough water to cover.
- Get 3 of x tbsp salt.
- Take 1 of x tsp baking soda (opt).
- Use 1 of x tbsp veg oil.
- Prepare of flakey salt to finish.
Steps to make Roast potatoes with duck fat:
- Peel and portion potatoes evenly, just make sure you pick a size and stick to it. Cover with cold water and add the salt and baking soda. The baking soda creates extra fluffy surface that will be so crispy when roasted..
- Bring potatoes to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for between 5 and 10 minutes. Do not allow the potatoes to cook fully, what you want is for the surface area to be fluffy when scraped with a knife but not soft in the centre, drain in a colander and leave to steam dry for a few minutes. Then transfer back into the pot..
- Toss the potatoes around in the pan to rough up the edges, you can see in the 2nd image how fluffy the surface is. select a rimmed baking or roasting tray and add the duck fat or oil or lard..
- Space out the potatoes on the tray or trays so that there is some gaps to allow the heat to crisp up all the surface, add a little oil to stop the fat burning then roast at 230c – 450f for about 20 minutes or until the bottom edges are super crispy. Turn them over and return to the oven for a further 10 – 15 minutes..
- Serve on a plate or in a bowl for the family to dive into, I used the fork test for crispness and my god they were amazingly crunchy and fluffy in the centre. Best Roasties ever people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wIc8e-qb8U&t=33s.
Carefully squash each potato so that the flesh is exposed. These duck fat potatoes are pan-roasted to develop a rich flavor and crispy crust your family and friends will love for breakfast or dinner. Toss potatoes and ¼ cup duck fat in roasting pan (save remaining fat for another use); season with salt and pepper. The duck fat gives the potatoes such a rich and deep flavor. In actual fat, cooking with duck fat has been a staple in French cooking since the beginning of time.
If you find this Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.