Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family ought to start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Begin with replacing the light bulbs. This will go outside of the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. You need to upgrade your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more initially, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. Using these kinds of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the actual benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Along with different light bulbs, you need to learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. The family spends major time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in other rooms, not merely the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
The kitchen alone provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is not really that difficult. A lot of it is basically utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys spiced 'n' iced christmas cookies recipe. You can cook vickys spiced 'n' iced christmas cookies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies:
- Get 225 grams of gluten-free/plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda/bicarb of soda.
- Use 75 grams of soft brown sugar.
- Take 60 grams of dairy-free spread such as Vitalite sunflower spread or Stork margarine foil wrapped block.
- Use 1 tbsp of treacle/molasses.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Mixed Spice, recipe link below.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Take 2-4 tablespoons of milk or dairy-free alternative.
Steps to make Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies:
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add the spices and treacle and beat again, then add 2 tbsp of the milk https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Add the flour and baking soda then using your hands, bring the dough together into a ball. Add more milk a teaspoon at a time if you need it but don't let the dough become too sticky. Wrap it in clingfilm and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough 3mm thick. Cut out your shapes and put them on to two lightly greased baking-sheets. Gather the remaining dough into a ball, roll out again and keep cutting until it has all been used.
- Put the baking sheets in the fridge for about 45 minutes, meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F. Bake for 12 minutes. They should start to feel hard round the edges as they cool and eventually become really hard. They need to have a nice 'snap'.
- Decorate with icing sugar mixed with a little water or brush with marmalade as I did and cut out the same shapes from ready roll icing and stick on top of the cookies. Be creative with piping icing and embellishments.
If you find this Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.