Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Let’s begin with something really easy, changing the light bulbs. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent style, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost a little bit more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. Making use of these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than merely replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is another good thing to do. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently find members of a family, and often the lights may not be turned off until the last person goes to bed. Obviously this also happens in some other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; take a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
The kitchen alone gives you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is definitely something we can all perform, without difficulty. Largely, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun inspired spicy buttered crawfish boil with sausage and corn recipe. To cook cajun inspired spicy buttered crawfish boil with sausage and corn you only need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn:
- Use of For the sauce:.
- Take 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Get 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of cayenne, depending on how hot you want it.
- Get 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- Use 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1/3 cup of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
- Use 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Take of For the boil:.
- Use 2.5 lbs of crawfish (live is best if you can get it).
- Use 4 ears of corn, cut into thirds or fourths.
- You need 1 of (roughly 13 oz.) link smoked sausage (or Andouille, if you like) cut into 1/4" thick coins.
Steps to make Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn:
- IF USING LIVE CRAWFISH: Soak the crawfish in fresh water, let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain and repeat until the water stays clear after 10 minutes of soaking. This usually takes me 4 or 5 times. While you're doing that, get started on the sauce..
- FOR THE SAUCE: In a large pot or saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sweat the garlic until it begins to turn translucent, then stir in herb and spice mixture. Watch that the heat doesn't get so hot that the garlic burns. If you see some pieces turning brown, you need to take the pot off the heat for a bit and turn the heat down. Add hot sauce & lemon juice and stir to combine then taste sauce and adjust seasoning if needed. When it's good, turn off the heat..
- In a separate pot, put 1 cup water and 1.5 teaspoons salt along with crawfish, corn, and sausage, in that order. This generates salted steam from the bottom, which seasons the crawfish meat but doesn't dilute the flavor as much as boiling. Cover, turn the heat on to medium high, and steam *just* until all the crawfish turn that bright opaque red that lets you know they're perfectly cooked through. Don't want to cook shellfish too long because they get rubbery if you do..
- The steaming process should take about 20 minutes or so, and you'll want to give the mixture 3 or 4 stirs during the process to redistribute everything and make sure they all get cooked and seasoned by the salt. (About the pics – I had a busy day in the kitchen yesterday and only had this one large saucepan left so I had to do the crawfish and then corn and sausage in two separate batches, but you don't have to. 😉 ).
- When crawfish are properly steamed, turn the heat back on the sauce (medium high) and add the crawfish, corn, and sausage AND 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the steaming liquid. Give everything a few good stirs and folds to make sure it's all sauced. Gather your fellow mudbug munchers and serve with crusty bread for dipping into that yummy sauce. Enjoy!.
If you find this Cajun Inspired Spicy Buttered Crawfish Boil with Sausage and Corn recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.