Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Egyptian Ful Medames/Mashed Fava Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Egyptian Ful Medames/Mashed Fava Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. If you make smart choices when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home immediately and have something beneficial. Your home should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to egyptian ful medames/mashed fava beans recipe. To make egyptian ful medames/mashed fava beans you only need 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Egyptian Ful Medames/Mashed Fava Beans:
- You need 400 gm of canned Fava Beans.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Take 1/4 cup of Coriander Leaves finely chopped or Parsley.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Cooking Cream.
Steps to make Egyptian Ful Medames/Mashed Fava Beans:
- In a cooking pot, empty the can of ful medames along with it's juices. To this add olive oil, garlic mince, cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt. Simmer this on a low heat with a lid on..
- After 10 -12 minutes of simmering, smash the beans with a fork and break them if there are any whole beans left. This is actually what makes it more yummy. The beans are not whole and the stew becomes so very thick and mushy..
- Add in the cooking cream now. Mix well and simmer for another 5 minutes. Finally garnish with parsley or coriander. Drizzle more of olive oil while serving. Serve hot with baladi (pita) bread..
Ful medames served with hard-boiled eggs, a staple in Egypt. It is a vegetarian protein rich dish garnished with fresh onions, tomatoes, rocket leaves, feta cheese, boiled eggs and sesame oil. The most popular way of preparing them in Egypt is by taking the mashed, cooked beans and adding oil, salt and cumin to them. You can also mix in chickpeas as well. I like mine on the 'smashed' side, but you can keep them whole if you prefer – it's up to you.
If you find this Egyptian Ful Medames/Mashed Fava Beans recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.