Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Snack With Caramel in the Center recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Snack With Caramel in the Center recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This needs to happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
A lot of energy is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that happen to be more than ten years old. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. You can easily minimize how often the motor has to run by frequently cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are lots of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. Largely, all it will take is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato snack with caramel in the center recipe. You can cook sweet potato snack with caramel in the center using 8 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Potato Snack With Caramel in the Center:
- Provide 250 grams of Sweet potato (Satsuma type).
- You need 25 grams of ●Margarine.
- Get 1 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 tablespoons ●Heavy cream.
- Provide 9 of Almond caramel candies (to use in the centers).
- Get 27 of Banana flavored chocolate balls.
- Use 27 of Strawberry flavored chocolate balls.
- Provide 1 of bit more than 2/5ths Sweet potato (Satsuma type, for the bases).
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Snack With Caramel in the Center:
- Make the ingredients ready. Start preheating the oven when the time is right (220°C)..
- Start by slicing the sweet potatoes for the bases. Wash a sweet potato and slice 5mm thick without peeling it..
- Bring water to a boil in a pan, and boil the potato slices for 1-2 minutes. (If you boil them for too long they will break, and you can't use them as bases!).
- Drain the cooked potato slices..
- Spread with some margarine (not listed in the ingredients), and sprinkle with a little sugar to flavor. (When the slices cool, cover with plastic wrap until the topping is ready.).
- Make the sweet potato topping. Cut the sweet potatoes for the topping into small pieces and boil. (I prefer boiling them over other cooking methods, since the results are moister.).
- When a bamboo skewer goes easily through a piece, they are done..
- Drain into a colander..
- Mash the drained sweet potatoes, and mix in the ● ingredients..
- Mix well and adjust the sweetness if needed. (The caramels will add more sweetness, so be sparing with the sugar here.).
- Roll into a long snake that's about the diameter of a rolling pin. Cut into 10 pieces..
- Microwave the caramel candies for 20 seconds at 500 W to soften them..
- When you press on them they will be about this soft..
- Cut into half. You can cut them easily using a steak knife or similar..
- Put a piece of cut caramel inside one of the 10 portions of sweet potato. Wrap the sweet potato dough around the caramel. Attention: Cover the caramel completely so that it won't run out when you bake the snacks..
- Wrap caramels into each piece..
- Put the sweet potato bases from Step 5 on top of a sheet of kitchen parchment paper, and place the Step 16 balls on top of the bases. Bake in a preheated 220°C oven for 5 minutes..
- The snacks won't get too browned on the outside, but the most important feature of these little cakes is the soft caramel inside, so just bake them enough to melt the caramel..
- Take the cakes out of the oven and transfer to a serving plate to cool down a bit. When they have cooled down, top with the choco balls..
- Enjoy while the caramel is still soft..
- I chose a sweet potato for the base slices that had a flower-like shape when cut, rather than a straight smooth one. There's no guarantee of running into a potato like that though..
If you find this Sweet Potato Snack With Caramel in the Center recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.