Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Will Save You Dollars.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? That has totally changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is actually greater by 75%, and possibly this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water and also steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. Many people wrongly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. Particularly if you ensure that the dishwasher is full previous to starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. Typically, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jay’s great ginger cookies recipe. You can cook jay’s great ginger cookies using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies:
- Take 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Get 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Get 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 3/4 cup of Crisco shortening.
- Get 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Provide 1 of egg (room temperature).
- You need 1 tablespoon of orange juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
- Get 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Steps to make Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, cream together the Crisco and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the orange juice and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar..
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container..
Over the past month, I've tried at least eight different recipes, all of which yielded cookies that. Baking soda, salt, egg and vanilla extract: Because…cookies. This easy cookie recipe is spicy, sweet, and festive! Chewy Ginger Cookies, the ultimate fall and holiday cookie, full of spices and molasses. The spices used and molasses give an amazing flavor and the aroma while. *Unfortunately, these cookies didn't last long enough to give away as gifts.
If you find this Jay’s Great Ginger Cookies recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.