Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Date & Oat Bars recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Date & Oat Bars recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Dollars.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen area more green.
Maybe the food just isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, however it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and maybe this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is certainly not true. A dishwasher is particularly efficient when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. Preserve even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is not that difficult. Largely, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to date & oat bars recipe. You can have date & oat bars using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Date & Oat Bars:
- Use of For the Sticky Date Filling.
- You need 375 g of Medjool dates, pitted and chopped.
- Prepare 210 ml of water.
- Take 2 TBSP of Lemon Juice.
- Provide 2 TBSP of Soft Dark Brown Sugar.
- Take 1 TSP of grated orange zest.
- Provide 1/2 TSP of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1/2 TSP of Mixed Spice.
- Use 1/4 TSP of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- Take of For the Oaty Layer.
- Provide 150 g of Plain Wholemeal Flour.
- You need 110 g of Quick Cook Oats.
- Provide 70 g of Jumbo Oats.
- Provide 100 g of Soft Dark Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 175 g of Unsalted Butter, cubed and chilled.
- Provide 1/4 TSP of Baking Powder.
- Get 1/4 TSP of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- Take 1/2 TSP of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of fine salt.
- Take of To decorate (optional).
- Get of Drizzle Golden Syrup.
- Prepare of Chopped Pecans.
Instructions to make Date & Oat Bars:
- Grease and line with baking parchment an 8×8 inch baking pan..
- First, make the date filling. Place all the date filling ingredients except the Bicarb of Soda into a medium saucepan. Mix together well with a wooden spoon and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Continuing to stir, simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until the dates have fallen apart and the mixture comes together. Take off the heat and stir in the bicarb. Leave to cool.
- Next make the oaty layers: In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, bicarb, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the cubes of butter and begin rubbing the butter into the flour mix using your fingertips until you have a breadcrumb texture. Pop the mixture in the fridge while you Preheat the oven to 200C Fan..
- When the oven is up to temperature, press down 1/2 of the oaty mixture into the prepared baking pa, making sure it is distributed evenly. Spread the date mixture evenly over the crust, taking it all the way to the edges. Crumble the remaining oat mixture on top – again making sure it is evenly distributed – and light pat down making sure it covers the date mixture nicely..
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and lightly toasted. Allow to cool in the tin before placing onto a wire rack. Make sure it is completely cool before cutting into squares..
If you find this Date & Oat Bars recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.