Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Andouille and Cabbage recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Andouille and Cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Andouille and Cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Dollars.
Until fairly recently any person who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it appears we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family must start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Even though it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. Perhaps the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is certainly not true. You get the highest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, use the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Efficient living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. It’s concerning being practical, usually.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to andouille and cabbage recipe. You can cook andouille and cabbage using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Andouille and Cabbage:
- Use 3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 of Large Andouille sausages or 2 pounds fresh sweet Italian pork sausages or bulk sausage.
- Prepare 1 of large green or Savoy cabbage, about 4 – 5 pounds, cored and thickly shredded (don't use less cabbage….it's the good stuff!).
- Use 5 Tablespoons of Garlic powder.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
Steps to make Andouille and Cabbage:
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish. Remove sausage casings and discard them (no need if you're using Andouille)..
- Place cabbage in boiling water, cover, and let water come back to the boil. Uncover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain cabbage in a colander and run cold water over it to stop cooking..
- Put about 1/3 of the cabbage in buttered dish and cover with 1/2 the meat. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper and dot with butter. Repeat, ending with a final layer of cabbage, and dot top with butter.
- Cover dish tightly with a layer of parchment paper, then top with a lid or a layer of aluminum foil. Cook for about 2 1/2 hours, until cabbage is soft and sweet, and top is lightly browned. After 2 hours, uncover the dish: if there is a lot of liquid in the bottom, leave uncovered for the rest of the cooking time. If not, re-cover and finish cooking..
Andouille is a smoked sausage made using pork, originating in France. This Jambalaya Soup recipe can be made with shrimp, chicken, Andouille sausage — or all three! Andouille sausage is a smoked sausage made with pork and garlic. Spicy Andouille sausage is cooked until slightly crisp, and paired with sautéed veggies, tender red My favorite thing about Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice is that it is pretty easy to throw. I was honestly a little bit skeptical about this but it.
If you find this Andouille and Cabbage recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.