Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Xmas Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Xmas Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family must start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
Although it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. Perhaps the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will boil water or steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. A dishwasher is especially economical when it’s full before a cycle is started. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not that hard. It’s related to being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to xmas fruit cake recipe. To make xmas fruit cake you need 38 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Use of Fruits:.
- Provide 163 g of Dried Fruits Mix Preferably Foodsterr,.
- Use 75 g of Dates Pitted Quartered,.
- You need 50 g of Glazed Cherries Halved,.
- Take 50 g of Crystallized Ginger Quartered,.
- You need of Cointreau / Brandy / Dark Rum, 180ml + More For Feeding.
- Use of Cake:.
- Use of Unsalted Butter Softened, 138g + More For Greasing.
- Provide 69 g of Light Muscovado Sugar,.
- Take 69 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Get 3 of Eggs,.
- Provide 38 g of Almond Meal,.
- Use of Fresh Orange Zest, 1 Orange.
- Provide 1/4 TSP of Ground Cloves,.
- Use 1/4 TSP of Ground Cinnamon,.
- Provide Pinch of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Provide 1/4 TSP of All Spice Powder,.
- Prepare 138 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Provide 20 g of Roasted Hazelnuts Halved,.
- Use 20 g of Roasted Walnuts Quartered,.
- Prepare of Gingerbread Houses:.
- Prepare 350 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Provide 10 g of Baking Powder,.
- Use 170 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide 1/2 TSP of All Spice Powder,.
- Provide 100 g of Unsalted Butter Cubed,.
- Get 70 g of Pure Honey,.
- Prepare 20 g of Blackstrap Molasses,.
- Get 1 of Egg,.
- Provide of Royal Icing:.
- Use 1 of Egg White,.
- Prepare Pinch of Cream of Tartar,.
- Use 200 g of Icing Sugar,.
- Provide of Decor:.
- Provide of Apricot Jam.
- Take of Marzipan.
- Use of Edible Glisters.
Instructions to make Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Soaking the fruits. Transfer everything into a large bowl. Toss to mix well. Cover with cling film and set aside in a cool and dry place for at least 24 hrs..
- Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius or 300 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with butter. Lay parchment paper on the bottom and the sides of the cake pan..
- Cut out a large piece of aluminium foil. Fold the foil into a strap with a width almost the same as your cake pan. Wrap the cake pan with that folded foil and tied it tightly with a thread. This is to allow even browning..
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer. Add in sugar and cream until well combined. Add in eggs and continue whisking..
- Add in almond meal, orange zest and the spices. *You can make your own almond meal by grinding almond in a spice blender.* Continue whisking until well combined. Fold in the flour with a spatula 1/3 portion at a time until fully incorporated..
- Next, fold in the nuts. Lastly, the dried fruits mix with any leftover alcohol. Transfer into the cake pan. Using an offset spatula to level the top..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 2 to 3 hrs. Check regularly after the 1 hr mark. The internal temperature should read 90 degree celsius or 200 fahrenheit. The cake should also pass a skewer test..
- You should have a dark brown color on the cake. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before unmolding about 5 hrs. Once the cake is completely cooled, unmold and transfer onto surface lined with cling film. Poke a few holes on the cake with a skewer..
- Feed the cake with 1 TBSP of Cointreau or any liqueur of your choice. Cover and wrap the cake with parchment paper. You can store the cake for a couple of months in a cool and dry place. The flavors will intensify..
- Feed the cake once every week, Feeding the cake will keep the cake moist and dense. Making gingerbread houses. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and all spice well..
- Add in the butter. You can cream everything together with a fork, but I prefer using my hands. You should get a crumbly mixture resembling wet sand. Add in honey, molasses and egg..
- Mix until it comes together into a dough. Wrap it with cling film and chill in the fridge for about 1 hr. Remove from fridge and divide the dough into half. You can freeze the other half. It will last for 3 months..
- Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper. Place another parchment paper over the dough. Roll the dough into a large rectangle with a thickness of 1/8 inch. Freeze the dough for 30 mins..
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 360 fahrenheit. I measured the circumference of my cake which reads 64cm. So I divided 64 into 8 = 8cm. Each house is 8cm in width. I also measured the height of my cake with is about 4cm. So, each house will be more than 4cm in height..
- I use cupboard to draw and design the houses. After 30 mins, remove the dough from the freezer. The dough should be big enuff for all the houses. Place another baking tray on top of the dough..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 12 mins. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Place the houses onto the gingerbread and using a sharp knife and cut out the houses. Transfer the houses onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Wack into the oven and bake for another 10 to 12 mins or unti
l deep brownish. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Prepare the royal icing. In a large bowl, add in egg whites and cream of tartar..
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks. Add in icing sugar, 1 tbsp at at a time, while still whisking. Once it gets thick, shiny and glossy, stop adding the sugar. You should have a honey-syrupy consistency, but not runny and not too thick..
- Transfer into a piping bag with a small circle tip. Pipe the designs on the gingerbread. Get artsy! The royal icing will harden overtime. You can freeze any remaining royal icing for up to 1 month..
- Assemble the cake. Brush the whole cake lightly with apricot jam. Transfer the fruit cake on a cake stand or a serving plate..
- Pipe some more royal icing on the back of the gingerbread houses. This will act as a glue. Stick the gingerbread houses onto the side of the cake. Roll out the marzipan into a 1/8 inch thickness. If your marzipan gets too sticky and difficult to roll, dust the surface + rolling pin with some icing sugar..
- Using your desired Xmas theme cookie cutter and cut out the marzipan. I am using snowflakes cookie cutter. Transfer the marzipan onto the fruit cake. Lastly dust with your desired edible glisters. Slice and serve. The fruit cake will keep well in the fridge for a few weeks..
If you find this Xmas Fruit Cake recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.