Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sauerbraten (Burgunderbraten) with Mushrooms recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sauerbraten (Burgunderbraten) with Mushrooms recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sauerbraten (Burgunderbraten) with Mushrooms recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Working out at the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Climb stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. While this will be hard to do if you live on or if your job is on a seriously high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is entirely do-able. Even if you do live or work on one of the upper floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will choose to be lazy and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a several times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are many things you can go after to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sauerbraten (burgunderbraten) with mushrooms recipe. To cook sauerbraten (burgunderbraten) with mushrooms you need 30 ingredients and 26 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sauerbraten (Burgunderbraten) with Mushrooms:
- Use 800-1000 g of beef shoulder or rump (1.5 to 2 lbs).
- Provide of Marinade:.
- Prepare 500 ml of red wine.
- Use 250 ml of vinegar.
- Provide 250 ml of water.
- Use 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of celery root (substitute 1-2 celery stalks if unavailable).
- Prepare 1 of parsley root (substitute handful of parsley).
- Prepare 1 of small onion or 1/2 large.
- Get 2 of whole cloves.
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of black peppercorns.
- You need 3 of allspice berries or 1/4 tsp ground allspice.
- Prepare 4 of juniper berries.
- Take of For pan frying:.
- You need 4 Tbsp of butter or oil.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 piece of bread crust (optional, helps to improve the flavor of the sauce especially if it's sourdough!).
- Use 250-500 ml of marinade.
- Prepare 50 g of bacon.
- Provide of Sauce:.
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of butter.
- Get 2 tsp of sugar.
- Use 2 Tbsp of flour.
- Get 2 Tbsp of red wine.
- Take 2 Tbsp of sour cream.
- Get of Other:.
- Use 200 g of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Provide of Chopped fresh parsley to garnish.
Instructions to make Sauerbraten (Burgunderbraten) with Mushrooms:
- My chunk of beef. It was 800 grams rump roast.
- Chop up the vegetables and place the veggies, the beef, bay leaf, peppercorns, allspice and juniper berries into a container or bowl that you can pour in the the liquids. I used a big tupperware container..
- Pour in the red wine, vinegar and water. If the beef is still sticking out of the liquid a bit, put a plate or something heavy on top to weigh it down..
- Marinade for at least 3 days and up to 5 days at most. Turn the beef everyday so it marinades evenly. Note the marinade liquid will get a bit cloudy as the meat and veggies marinade..
- When you're ready to make the sauerbraten, preheat oven to 170°C. Remove the meat from the marinade (keep the marinade) and pat it dry with paper towels. Rub some salt over the meat..
- Remove the onions and dried spices from the marinade liquid and set aside. Separate out the other vegetables and set aside. Keep the marinade liquid!.
- Rub salt on the beef. Heat the butter and/or oil in a frying pan. Sear the beef on all sides so it's nice brown and brown. That will seal in the flavor! Remove the beef to a baking dish. Keep the oil/butter in the pan..
- If using, briefly toast the piece of bread crust in the same frying pan. Add it to the baking dish..
- Keeping the pan on the heat, pour in 250 ml of the marinade liquid to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any brown bits left over from browning the meat..
- Add the onions and dry spices that you took out from the marinade liquid. Let it cook for a few minutes..
- Pour the liquid from the fry pan along with the spices and onions into the baking dish with the meat..
- Lay slices of bacon across the top of the beef..
- Optional: Include the other vegetables from the marinade liquid into the baking dish as well. I think it gives it more flavor :).
- Roast for 60-90 minutes for a smaller piece of beef or 90-120 minutes for a large (1 kg) piece of beef. Halfway through the baking time, turn over the beef (put the bacon slices back on top of the other side) and return to the oven to finish roasting. If needed add more marinade liquid to the roasting dish..
- Remove the meat from the oven. Place the beef on a tray. Strain out the vegetables and spices from the liquid, make sure you keep the liquid as we'll use it to make the sauce!.
- The strained liquied :).
- Return the meat to the dish and cover in foil. I return it to the oven to keep it warm while making the sauce (the oven should be off)..
- Now it's time to make the sauce! In saucepan on low heat, first melt 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tsp of sugar until light brown and caramelized..
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of flour, mix in and cook it until lightly browned but be careful not to burn..
- Add in the juices from baking the meat little by little and mix very well with the flour. Try to get any lumps smoothed out. The sauce will thicken as it simmers and you stir in the liquid..
- Add 2 tablespoons red wine to the sauce and simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes, until reduced and thick. Stir often and if needed, add a little the left over marinade liquid to thin it..
- After the sauce is nice and thick, season
with salt and pepper, then add in 2 tablespoons of sour cream. (If lumpy, you can strain the sauce before adding cream)..
- While making the sauce, saute the sliced mushrooms in a separate pan in butter or olive oil. Season with pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside..
- When the sauce and mushrooms are finished, remove the sauerbraten that's been resting in the oven and slice it into thin slices. Arrange the slices on a platter..
- Pour the sauce over the meat, top with mushrooms (and optionally chopped up bacon) and garnish with parsley!.
- Classically served with potato dumplings (kartoffelklöße) or bread dumplings (semmelknödel), and stewed red cabbage. I also like it with some good rye bread!.
Verfeinern Sie Soßen oder Speisen mit edlen Tropfen, erhalten Sie am Ende ein tolles Aroma. Sauerbraten, a classic German recipe, is the ultimate make-ahead entree. Spoon mushrooms sauce over the top. German Pot Roast (Sauerbraten) Todd Coleman. Find sauerbraten stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
If you find this Sauerbraten (Burgunderbraten) with Mushrooms recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.