Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who indicated concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your cooking area more green.
While it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and possibly this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it comes to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. You get the maximum energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, after all. It’s related to being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli blue cheese soup recipe. You can have broccoli blue cheese soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Take of Ingredients.
- Use of cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- Take of cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Get of wheat flour.
- Provide of corn flour.
- Take of blue cheese.
- Take of carrot or parsnip.
- Prepare of butter.
- Use of heavy cream.
- Use of hot water.
- Prepare of Broccoli (or 2).
- Get of dried potato flakes.
Steps to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
This soup is delicious and so easy to prepare. Broccoli Cheese Soup in a Crockpot / Slow Cooker. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Cheese Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Broccoli & Blue Cheese is a classic indulgent soup. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
If you find this Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.