Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. If you make smart decisions when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home immediately and have something great. Your house should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you choose something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Looking to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked whole chicken and turkey legs recipe. You can have smoked whole chicken and turkey legs using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs:
- Provide 2 of whole chickens 3-5 lbs each.
- You need 1 package of turkey legs.
- Prepare 1 of orange.
- Provide 1 of lemon.
- Get 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- Use 4 sprigs of tarragon.
- Prepare 5 cups of sugar.
- Use 3 1/4 cups of kosher salt.
- Get 2/3 cup of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of onion powder.
- Take 1/4 cup of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 6 of dried bay leaves.
- Use 1 tablespoon of chopped dehydrated onion.
- Take 3 gallons of water.
Instructions to make Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs:
- Combine 3 cups of kosher salt, 4.5 cups sugar, 6 bay leaves, 1 tbsp chopped dehydrated onions and 3 gallons water to make the brine. Soak the chickens and turkey legs in the brine and refrigerate over night or minimum 4 hours..
- Make the rub. I used Myron Mixon's 'The only other barbecue rub you need' recipe. Combine 2/3 cup chili powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup onion powder, 1/4 garlic powder and 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Soak your choice of wood chunks in water (I used mesquite). Light the charcoal in the smoker. Slice up the orange and lemon into approximately 12 pieces each..
- Rinse the chicken and turkey in cold water and pat dry..
- Stuff each chicken with half an orange, half a lemon, 1 sprig rosemary and 2 sprigs of tarragon..
- Cover the chickens and turkey legs on all sides with the rub..
- Put the chicken breast side up and the turkey legs on the smoker. Smoke at 275° for 3.5 hours or until the white meat hits 160 and the dark reaches 180. Check the temp periodically and add more charcoal and wood chunks as needed..
It also pairs well with a variety of seasonings and flavors. Cooking homemade, smoked turkey legs is easier than you think. If you are planning to brine a whole. You expect the almighty air fryer to turn out crisp fried chicken, crunchy french fries. Get Smoked Whole Turkey Recipe from Food Network.
If you find this Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.