Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Easy Red Beans and Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Red Beans and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Red Beans and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Money.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. These modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not operating as economically as they should. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with styles from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will probably save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. One more way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to operate as often.
The kitchen on its own offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Green living is actually something we can all do, without difficulty. Largely, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy red beans and rice recipe. To make easy red beans and rice you need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Red Beans and Rice:
- Take 2 links of Andouille sausage, I used Johnsonville 2 pack (13.5 oz).
- Use 1 (16 oz) of package long grain rice.
- Use 2 (15.5 oz) of cans red beans, drained.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken broth, divided.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Use 1 of red bell pepper.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 Tbsp. of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of hot sauce.
- Provide 2 tsp. of Creole seasoning, like Tony Chachere's.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
Instructions to make Easy Red Beans and Rice:
- Dice onion and red bell pepper and place in small bowl; set aside..
- Slice the sausages into coins and place in a large pan with a little olive oil. Cook over medium heat until coins start to brown..
- Meanwhile, in large pot place rice, 3 cups of the chicken broth and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer until rice is fully cooked..
- Add chopped onion and bell pepper to sausage. Add minced garlic. Saute over medium heat until veggies slightly cook down; about 5 to 7 minutes..
- Add remaining 1 cup of chicken broth, red beans, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, creole seasoning and pepper to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens and reduces down slightly; about 10 minutes..
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!.
- Side note for this dish: seasonings and sauces can be adjusted to taste. Simply add more creole seasoning if you wish. Same goes with the hot sauce if you like more of a kick. I find myself spoon testing this dish frequently to fine tune it!.
Originally, I would give the cooked rice to a pot with coconut milk, red kidney. One of the easiest dishes to make in your Instant Pot is the Red Beans and Rice. There are some general guidelines for the uninitiated. Regardless of how Red Beans and Rice became such a popular dish, we know that it is hearty, comforting, and oh so tasty. If you grew up in New Orleans, or at least in the deep south, you know exactly what I am talking about.
If you find this Easy Red Beans and Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.