Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Soft shell blue crab recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Soft shell blue crab recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These changes need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
A lot of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with styles from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electrical power. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to run as often.
The kitchen alone offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite easy to live green, all things considered. A lot of it is basically using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to soft shell blue crab recipe. To make soft shell blue crab you only need 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Soft shell blue crab:
- You need of Soft shell blue crab.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (room temp).
- Prepare 1 cup of butter milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Cajun season.
- Provide of Salt/ pepper.
- Provide 2 cups of self rising flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Old Bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Peanut or vegetable oil.
Steps to make Soft shell blue crab:
- Rinse off blue crab and place on paper towel to drain. Crack both eggs in a bowl and add buttermilk. Add Cajun seasoning and mix. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn on stove to medium heat and allow oil to heat up. Preferably in a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan..
- Add flour and remainder of seasoning into paper bag and shake to blend together..
- Add blue crab to flour. Dust off excess and add to egg mixture. Cover completely in egg. Add back to the bag of seasoned flour. Cover entire crab in flour. Add a pinch of flour to see if oil is ready to fry if it’s bubbling when the flour is added, it ready, if not allow oil to continue to heat. You may need to turn the heat up slightly above medium….
- Fry until golden. Take out and drain excess oil on paper towel while you prepare to make your Po boy sandwich.
Soft shell crabs are a treat whether fried, broiled, or grilled. Classic Pan Fried Soft Shell Crabs. Transfer a crab each to a bun that's slathered with spicy mayo. Soft shell crabs are prepared by first cutting out the gills, face, and guts. Soft shell crabs are those that grow too large for their shells, shed their shell, and are caught before they begin forming a new one.
If you find this Soft shell blue crab recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.