Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Masala Dosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masala Dosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Climb stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work instead of using the elevator. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a seriously high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is totally do-able. Even if you do live or work on one of the top floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will decide to be lazy and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a few times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masala dosa recipe. To make masala dosa you need 58 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Masala Dosa:
- Use of For Dosa Batter.
- You need 3 Cups of – Idli Rava.
- Use 1 Cup of – Urad Dal.
- Take 1/2 Cup of – Soaked Poha.
- Take As required of – Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – Fenugreek Seeds.
- Prepare As required of – Salt.
- Take of For Sambar.
- Get 1 cup of – Toor dal (Washed).
- Use 1/2 Cup of – Diced Carrots.
- Take 1/2 Cup of – Diced Red Pumpkin.
- Use 1/2 Cup of – Diced Suran.
- Get 3-4 of – Slit Okra.
- Get 1 of – Drumstick.
- Prepare 2 of – Tomatoes (Pureed).
- Take 1/4 Cup of – Tamarind Pulp.
- Provide 1 tsp of – turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – Red Chilli powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of – Sambar Masala.
- Prepare As required of – Oil for frying veggies.
- Provide As required – of Water.
- Prepare As per taste of – Salt.
- Get of For temporing.
- You need 5-6 of – Curry leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of – Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 of – Whole dried red chillies.
- Prepare As required of – oil for tempering.
- Use 1 pinch of – Asafoetida.
- Prepare of For Potato Bhaji.
- Provide 5-6 of – Large Potatoes (Boiled and Peeled).
- Get 2 of – Vertically sliced Onions.
- Prepare 2-3 of – Vertically slit green chillies.
- Provide 1 inch of – Grated Ginger.
- Provide 5-6 of – Curry leaves.
- Take 1 pinch of – Asafoetida.
- Provide 1 tsp of – Urad Dal.
- Get 1 tsp of – Turmeric powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of – Mustard seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Provide As required of – Oil.
- Get As required of – water.
- You need As per taste – of Salt.
- Use As required of – Chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Provide of For Coconut Chutney.
- Prepare 1 of – Coconut washed and Peeled.
- Use 1/2 cup of Phutana Dal.
- Get 1 tbsp of – Roasted Peanut Powder.
- You need Handful of – Coriander leaves.
- Get 2-4 of – Green chillies.
- Prepare 2-4 of – Garlic cloves.
- Get As required of – Water.
- You need As per Taste of – Salt.
- Take of Chutney temporing (Optional).
- Take As required of – oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of – Mustard seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of – Urad dal.
- Provide 3-4 of – Curry leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of – Dried red chili.
Steps to make Masala Dosa:
- For Dosa -.
- Wash and rinse 2-3 times Urad dal and idli rava..
- Soak Idli rava and urad dal in enough water in separate vessel. Add 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds in urad dal. Cover with a lid. Soak for 7-8 hours..
- In a Katori soak half cup Poha. Keep aside.
- After 7-8 hours grind idli rava and soaked Poha into a smooth paste. Transfer in a big bowl. Similarly grind urad dal and Fenugreek Seeds into a smooth paste and add to the same bowl that has idli rava paste..
- Now mix gently in one direction with a ladle. Cover and let the batter ferment for 8-9 hours..
- After 8-9 hours Fermented batter will be frothy and doubled. Add a tsp of salt in batter and mix gently again..
- Now use this batter for making Idli 1st day, Dosa – 2nd day and Appe or Uttapam – 3rd day.
- Heat a Non-stick pan or iron dosa griddle, spread some butter to make it greasy. Usually people use half cut onion Soaked in oil for greasing the tawa.
- Now add 2 ladle full of dosa batter and start spreading as thin as possible in circular motion..
- Add a tsp of oil or butter. Let the Dosa cook till it's crispy and done..
- For Sambar.
- Pressure cook toor dal by adding turmeric powder and salt for 3-4 whistles..
- In a pan heat oil and add all Sambar vegetables – Carrots, Pumpkin, Suran and Okra.(Don't add drumsticks). Add a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Now in cooked dal add fried vegetables, Sambar Masala, Tamarind Pulp, Tomato Puree, Drumsticks and red chili powder. Adjust Salt. Pressure cook again for 1 whistle..
- For Sambar Temporing – Heat Oil add Mustard seeds let it crackle, add Asafoetida, curry leaves, dried red chillies and a pinch of red chili powder..
- Pour this temporing over Cooked Sambar. Sambar is ready to serve.
- Dosa Bhaji.
- In a pan heat oil, add Mustard seeds and let it crackle, now add Asafoetida, urad dal, curry leaves and mix, add sliced Green chillies, grated ginger, sliced Onions and mix again..
- Now add turmeric powder, boiled potatoes (roughly smashed with hands leaving some big chunks), water and salt..
- Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves. Dosa bhaji is ready to serve..
- Coconut Chutney.
- Wash and peel coconut, cut it into thin slices. Add in a mixer ginder. Now add into grinder – Phutana Dal, rosated peanut powder, coriander leaves, garlic cloves, green chillies, water and salt. Grind into a smooth paste add water if required..
- Heat oil splutter Mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and red dried chillies. Pour this temporing over Chutney. Chutney is ready to serve.
- Dosa Platter – Add Dosa, Sambar, Chutney and Dosa Bhaji (Either separately or inside the Dosa).
- Thank you and enjoy this delicious South Indian cuisine. Do leave your Remarks / Comments / Suggestions..
- Follow for more Delicious recipes on – Cookpad.
Simple and easy to prepare at home. Masala dosa recipe – Make perfect, aromatic and great masala dosas at home with this video and Masala dosa is one of the most popular South Indian breakfast dishes served in restaurants and tiffin. This is a one bowl batter which is made using a high speed blender and then fermented in the Instant Pot..dosa recipe, where dosa is made crisp and stuffed with potato masala. it is perhaps one of the many varieties with subtle variations. under dosa category, the most popular variation is masala dosa. A properly made crisp and savory Indian dosa is wonderfully delicious, and fairly simple to make at home, with this caveat: the batter. Masala Dosa #MasalaDosa #MysoreMasalaDosa #Dosa #DosaRecipe #Potatomasala #redchutney Ingredients To Crispy Masala Dosa Recipe – Tricks & Tips For Dosai with Batter CookingShooking.
If you find this Masala Dosa recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.