Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Can save you Money.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. Each and every family should start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen area more green.
Perhaps the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. If you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances can boil water or steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is not true. You get the greatest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Save even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living just isn’t that tough. A lot of it is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes recipe. To cook mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- You need 3 pounds of chicken pieces (I like bone-in, skin on).
- Take 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1.5 Tablespoons of flour.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get 1 of onion, cut into 1/2" wide slices.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Get 3 of fresh tomatoes, cut into sixths.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh).
- Use 2 cups of unsalted liquid (any combo of water, dry white wine, or chicken or veg stock).
- Use 12 of olives.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of olive brine.
- Use of zest of half a lemon (optional).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- Prepare of chopped fresh parsley for finishing.
Instructions to make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and then dust on both sides with the flour..
- Preheat pot to medium high, add oil, then brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes a side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside..
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes until onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes, bay, oregano, and lemon zest, give it a stir, and let the herbs bloom for a minute or so..
- Add the chicken back along with olives, olive brine, liquid (stock or water). Give it a gentle stir and adjust salt seasoning if needed. Turn heat down to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add potatoes and try to submerge them as under the liquid as much as you can. You might like to add another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt to lend a little extra seasoning for the potatoes. Simmer, with lid askew for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (and maybe add a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing onto the chicken right before eating). Enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. :).
If you find this Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.