Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These kinds of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Keep reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Let us begin with something not that hard, changing the particular light bulbs. This will probably go beyond the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. You really need to replace your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is actually lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. Together with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The family spends major time in the kitchen, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty easy to live green, all things considered. It’s concerning being sensible, more often than not.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hj's slow cooker split pea soup recipe. To make hj's slow cooker split pea soup you only need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Get of Soup mix.
- You need 16 oz of Dried green split peas..
- You need 2 of Ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham.
- Use 3 of Carrots, peeled and sliced..
- Use 1/2 cup of Onion. Chopped.
- Take 2 of Ribs of celery plus leaves. Chopped..
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic. Minced..
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes.
- Use 1 tbsp of Seasoned salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Take 6 cup of Hot water.
- Provide of Optional but delicious.
- Use 1 cup of Andouille Sausage cut into 1/4" rounds.
Steps to make Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients..
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf. Chop meat into bite sized pieces..
- Mash peas to thicken more, if desired..
- About an hour before you are ready to serve brown sausage and add to soup. if you are going to add this option..
- Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well..
Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Split Pea Sausage Soup. But it definitely got a great compliment to effort ratio, so I thought I better share it with you! Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to Slow Cooker Pasta E Fagioli Soup: Our version of the Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup tastes just like the original. Slow-cooking the peas gives it the same velvety texture, and the bay leaf and vegetables keep the flavors traditional. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup Here is my no-fail recipe for split pea soup.
If you find this Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.