Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sauteed Collard Greens recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sauteed Collard Greens recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sauteed Collard Greens recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Cash.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
While it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. If you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. Especially if you make sure the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not that hard. It’s related to being sensible, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sauteed collard greens recipe. You can have sauteed collard greens using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sauteed Collard Greens:
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Get 1 kg of collard greens.
- Provide 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 50 grams of Non-smoked/smoked pancetta or bacon.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves.
Steps to make Sauteed Collard Greens:
- You can leave stems on and just cut into pieces or remove and discard them..
- Cut into approximately 1-inch pieces..
- Bring water to boiling point and add the collard greens. Boil for about 8-10 minutes..
- Drain in a colander. Press the greens down using a wooden spoons or use a kitchen towl to drain any excess liquid..
- Mince the garlic or finely chop..
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter then add in the bacon or pancetta and garlic. Fry for about 1-2 minutes on a medium heat..
- Add in the collard greens, salt and pepper to taste..
- Saute the collard mixture, stirring until heated. Takes about 5 minutes..
- Drizzle with lemon juice. Toss together well..
- Check seasoning and serve..
Here's Another Great Recipe From My Kitchen To Yours. You can basically saute collard greens just like you would kale or any other dark, leafy green. Once onions are tender, add collard greens and chicken stock to the pan. Saute the onions gently in the oil. Pull or cut out the thick stems, and wash the leaves well before using.
If you find this Sauteed Collard Greens recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.