Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Dollars.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers as well as hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. As soon as you find out it will take 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. Compared with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. Many people incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. A dishwasher is especially effective when it’s full before a cycle is started. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes instead of heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is something we can all do, without difficulty. A lot of it really is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew with oyster mushrooms and green lentils recipe. To make beef stew with oyster mushrooms and green lentils you need 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils:
- Take 8 oz of beef, cut into 1 inch long strips.
- Provide 2 tsp of French Picnic sea salt, divided.
- You need 1 of Cooking oil, as needed.
- Provide 4 oz of oyster mushrooms, bite size pieces.
- You need 3/4 cup of onion, diced.
- Use 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced.
- Take 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Provide 4 oz of reduced beef stock.
- Provide 5 each of thyme sprigs.
- Prepare 1 each of bay leaf, fresh.
- You need 1 cup of green lentils.
- Use 2 cup of water.
Steps to make Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils:
- After cutting the beef into 1 inch long strips, season to taste with the French Picnic sea salt (about 1/2 teaspoon)..
- Heat a 2-quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add enough cooking oil to lightly coat the pan. Add beef, and brown without stirring for 2-3 minutes. Flip beef over, add mushrooms, and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add carrots and cook for 3-4 more minutes, while stirring..
- Add tomato sauce, beef stock, herbs, lentils and water. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Stir well, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover, stir well, and add 1 teaspoon of French Picnic sea salt. Cover again, and cook for 15-20 minutes more, or until lentils and beef are both tender..
- Remove herbs, and adjust seasoning to taste..
- Ladle into two bowls. Serve and enjoy!.
Mary Berry's family suppers: Rich beef and mushroom stew. Serve with mash or potatoes dauphinoise and green vegetables. Four warming bowlfuls from the chef at Sabor: slow-cooked beef, fish stew, chicken with roasted red peppers, and lentil and green beans. Stir fry for another minute of a high heat. Slow Cooker Beef Stew – Everyone's favorite comforting beef stew made easily in the crockpot!
If you find this Beef Stew with Oyster Mushrooms and Green Lentils recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.