Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lemon Meringue Cupcakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Cupcakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. Each and every family ought to start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your kitchen more green.
While it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. Maybe the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. In comparison with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is not true. You get the highest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes rather than heat drying them.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, of course. A lot of it is basically utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue cupcakes recipe. You can cook lemon meringue cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- Get of For the cake.
- Prepare 175 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 175 g of self-raising flour.
- Get 175 g of caster sugar.
- Take 3 of large eggs.
- Take 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of milk (if mixture is too stiff).
- You need of For the lemon curd filling.
- Take 115 g of golden caster sugar.
- You need 30 g of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Use 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Use of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Freshly grated zest 1 lemon.
- You need of For the lemon meringue frosting.
- Prepare 170 g of caster sugar.
- You need 3 of large egg whites (112g roughly).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
Steps to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- First, make the lemon curd. In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar, butter, eggs and lemon juice over a fairly low heat, whisking all the time, until the mixture is thick enough to hold marks of the whisk. This will take around 12-15 minutes. Once thickened, immediately pour the curd through a sieve into a bowl. Stir in the zest and set aside to cool..
- Preheat your oven to 180degrees fan and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases..
- Make the cakes: using a beater in an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time, for about 2 minutes per egg. Add the lemon juice and zest before finally adding the flour and baking powder and fold in gently until fully incorporated. Add some milk if the mixture seems a little stiff..
- Divide this mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake in the oven for around 15 – 18 minutes, or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean when put into the cakes. Set aside to cool completely..
- While your cakes are cooling, get started on your meringue frosting. Heat all the frosting ingredients in a metal mixing bowl (ideally one that attaches to your free-standing electric mixer) over a Bain marie. Whisk continuously until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has reached a temperature of around 70-75 degrees C..
- Remove from the heat, put back to your free standing mixture and whisk on high for roughly 8-10 minutes until your meringue has doubled, even tripled in size, is glossy and stiff..
- When the cupcakes are cooled, core out the middle of each cupcake. You can do this using an Apple corer or a large piping nozzle. Place a dollop of lemon curd into the centre of each cupcake to the top..
- Pipe your meringue frosting onto each cupcake and blast the tops with a chefs blow torch, or place under a grill on a high setting to toast the meringue. Keep an eye on them! They will colour very quickly. Enjoy!.
Perfectly fluffy lemon cupcakes, filled with a smooth and zesty lemon curd and topped with a toasted meringue frosting you would never guess didn't contain eggs. These lemon meringue cupcakes are always a huge hit, especially during the holiday season. Fans of lemony flavor won't think these zesty cupcakes topped with lemon curd and a crisp I love the lemon and meringue combination, but the store-bought lemon meringue cupcakes always. Light as a feather lemon meringue cupcakes are filled with lemon curd and topped with a gorgeous yellow striped meringue topping for a decadent treat that is hard to beat! Lemon Meringue Cupcakes: These gorgeous little cupcakes are inspired by the classic lemon meringue pie.
If you find this Lemon Meringue Cupcakes recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.