Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
Changing light bulbs is as good an area get started on as any. Do this for your house, not just the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you will need to use them in place of incandescent lights. Although costing a little more initially, these bulbs last as long as ten of the traditional type as well as using a lot less energy. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it means that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will probably end up at a landfill site. Coupled with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly find members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. This also happens in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at the quantity of electricity you can save by turning the lights off as soon as you don’t need them.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, of course. Largely, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken with asparagus,, ham and bearnaise sauce recipe. To make chicken with asparagus,, ham and bearnaise sauce you only need 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce:
- You need of For Chicken.
- Get 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded into 1/4 inch slices.
- Use 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of hlack pepper and salt to taste.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Use of For Ham.
- Take 1/2 lb of thin sliced deli ham, cut into bite size piecrs, I used hot ham.
- Get 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Take 1/4 cup of cream, heavy or light.
- Provide of For Asparagus.
- Get 2 lb of fresh asparagus, trimmed and lower part peeled if desired. Cooked until crisp tender and kept warm.
- You need 1 of for bearnaise sauce.
- Take 3 tbsp of white wine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Get 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dryed tarragon.
- You need 1 of chopped shallot.
- Use 3 of large egg yolks.
- Take 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Get 1/2 cup of melted warm butter (one stick).
- Provide 1 of for garnish.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Get 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
Instructions to make Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce:
- For chicken.
- Heat oil and butter in large saute pan..
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese, pepper,salt and cajun seasoning on a plate, mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg / sour cream mixture, then into flour/cheese mixture to lightly coat..
- Cook in hot butter oil mixture, turning once until cooked through, remove to a plate as done and keep warm..
- Add ham and cook until starting to brown, add chicken broth, cream and mustard, cook until slightly thickened, remove from heat..
- For bearnaise sauce.
- In a small saucepan combine wine, vinegar, shallot atarragon and pepper until reduced to 2 tablespoons, strain into small bowl..
- Have a double boiler set up, in the top part of the double boiler, off heat combine egg yolks, cream, hot sauce and reduced wine/vinegar mixture, whisk well. Place over the simmering water whisking at all times until the eggs begin to thicken, 2 to 4 minutes add butter very slowly while whisking until thickened. If it gets to thick add drops of hot water to thin. Serve immediatly or keep warm by putting dish in a small pan of warm water. Do not reheat, it will seperate..
- To assemble.
- On plates or large platter arrange asparagus, add ham with sauce, top with chicken then some bearnaise sauce..
- Garnish with chives and parsley.
- Serve woth crusty bread!.
If you find this Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.