Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Bacalao Guisado recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Bacalao Guisado recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacalao Guisado recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Be sensible when you do your food shopping. Making good decisions when buying groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home immediately and have something good. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthy. This makes it simple to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your lifestyle choices. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacalao guisado recipe. To make bacalao guisado you only need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Bacalao Guisado:
- Take 3/4 of lb- 1lb bacalao or haddock or favorite fresh white fish.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion.
- You need 2-4 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Provide 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Get 3/4 of of a green pepper.
- Take 1/2 of of a red pepper.
- Prepare 1 packet of sazon.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Take to taste of Black pepper.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Provide to taste of Adobo.
- Get 1 packet of sazon.
- Take of Optional.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Use 1/4 of habanero pepper.
- You need to taste of Sofrito.
Steps to make Bacalao Guisado:
- If using bacalao or a salty white fish you need to soak fish in water overnight or for 2 hours, changing water every 15 minutes. If using a not as salty fish like haddock, just soak for 30 minutes. Start to boil water. Peel & cut potatoes, put in a bowl with water (to prevent browning) until you are ready. Boil water, and put fish & potatoes in (you can separate them if you want). Let boil for 20-25 minutes, test with fork..
- While fish is boiling, chop your vegetables and set aside. Add garlic. When fish/potatoes are done, let drain & set aside. Shred fish..
- Heat oil in pan. Add vegetables & mix around. Let cook until translucent. Add sazon, black pepper, oregano and some adobo, mix and let cook for a few minutes..
- Add tomato sauce, water & sofrito. Let boil/simmer for 3 minutes. Add fish & potatoes and more black pepper & adobo to taste..
- Mix around til everything is covered in sauce mixture. Let simmer for 5-7minutes. Taste add salt/pepper if needed. Best served with white rice..
If you find this Bacalao Guisado recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.