Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently anyone who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. Each and every family ought to start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Begin with replacing the bulbs. This will probably go further than the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you should use them in place of incandescent lights. They cost a small amount more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. Utilizing these longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. You also have to get the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen, and how frequently does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Of course this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off if you don’t absolutely need them, and see just how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that difficult. Largely, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. To cook chicken and sausage gumbo you only need 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Sausage Gumbo:
- Take 500 g of smoked sausage (andouille, or kielbasa from the Polish shop works well).
- Use 4 of bone in, skin on chicken thighs.
- Take of Vegetable oil.
- Get 3/4 cup of flour.
- Take 2 of medium brown onions, diced.
- Use 2 of medium green bell peppers, diced.
- Take 5 of ribs of celery, diced.
- Use 2 litres of water.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Provide 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of Glug of Worcester sauce.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning (see recipe below).
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need Pinch of smoked bittersweet paprika.
- Provide Bunch of spring onions.
- Prepare of Tabasco.
- Use of Hot basmati rice.
- Provide of Cajun seasoning.
- Use 3/4 tsp of paprika.
- Use 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Get 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
Instructions to make Chicken and Sausage Gumbo:
- Cook sausage in a cast iron pot over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on kitchen roll, reserving drippings in pan. Set sausage aside..
- Brown chicken in drippings in the same pan over medium heat for 5 minutes or so. Remove to kitchen roll, reserving drippings in the pan. Set chicken aside..
- Add enough oil to drippings in same pan to measure 1/2 cup. Add flour, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 20 to 30 minutes, or until roux is chocolate coloured. Be careful not to burn it! Starting again is heartbreaking 😫.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and celery; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until tender. Stick your head in at this point for the best smell ever!.
- Gradually add 2 litres hot water. The mixtures seizes up at first because of the roux but will continue to loosen. Once all the water has been added, bring the mixture to a boil. Add chicken, garlic, bay leaves, Worcester, Creole seasoning, thyme and paprika..
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally for an hour. Remove chicken and let it cool..
- Add sausage back in and cook for a further 30 minutes..
- Stir in most of the sliced green onions and cook for a further 20 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the chicken off the bone and add back in the the gumbo with 5 minutes to go..
- Discard the bay leaves. Serve with rice, remaining green onions and a few good glugs of Tabasco on top..
If you don't like shrimp, don't put it in. Smoky sausage, okra, and aromatic vegetables make this an authentic recipe perfect for sharing. Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is a Cajun healthy gumbo recipe favorite. If you want authentic, look up Emeril Lagasse's gumbo recipe. Andouille sausage and file powder make this chicken-and-sausage gumbo a classic and, as in any good gumbo, a deep, rich roux thickens the.
If you find this Chicken and Sausage Gumbo recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.