Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Cumin lentils recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cumin lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cumin lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Be sensible when you do your grocery shopping. If you make smart decisions when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go to your house and make something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you already have is healthful. This way—even if you decide on something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cumin lentils recipe. To make cumin lentils you need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cumin lentils:
- You need 1 cup of brown lentils.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Get 1 of chopped medium onion.
- Get 1 of medium chopped tomato.
- Take 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Use 1 tbls of cumin powder.
- Provide to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Use 1/4 of chopped cilantro.
- Provide of Water for cooking lentils.
- You need 1 tbl of vegetable oil.
Steps to make Cumin lentils:
- Clean and wash lentils and set aside.
- In a pot over medium high heat heat vegetable oil, add garlic paste and onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste to the garlic-onion and cook for about a minute..
- Add the lentils and tomatoes to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour enough water to the pot to about an inch over the lentils.
- Bring the water to a boil then reduce temperature to medium, add the cumin powder and cover the pot to allow the lentils to cook.
- Every now and then use a fork to stir the lentils. Once the lentils have cooked, turn heat off..
- Add in the cilantro and stir to mix..
- Allow to cool before serving with a mint sour cream/yoghurt sauce.
The good news the red lentils in these spicy, Indian-inspired vegetarian burgers don't need to be soaked and cook super quickly. Cut the onion in half, and add one half to the pot along with the crushed. What's more, they are rich in b vitamins, fiber and folate, which help fight heart disease and birth defects. Lentils and beans are two of my go-two wintery foods because they're high in protein and fiber Add the garlic, onion, tomatoes, cumin and coriander, and cook for a minute. Lentils, a small but nutritionally mighty member of the legume family, are a very good source of Lentils—A Fiber All Star.
If you find this Cumin lentils recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.