Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best English Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to English Shepherd's Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Water is the very best beverage out there. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your sole source of hydration, on the other hand, is dumb. When you decide on water more than other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthful and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the key to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to english shepherd's pie recipe. You can cook english shepherd's pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare English Shepherd's Pie:
- Provide of The Filling:.
- Take 1 1/2 lb of Ground Lamb or Beef (1 1/2 pounds).
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Provide 1 large of Carrot (grated).
- Get 1 large of Onion (grated).
- Provide 1 tsp of Fresh Rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- Use 4 clove of Garlic (crushed).
- Take 1 pinch of Salt.
- Take 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Take 3 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Take 1 can of Tomato Puree or Paste (small).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Get of The Mash:.
- Provide 1 1/2 lb of Golden Potatoes (1 1/2 pounds).
- You need 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 3 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- Take 1 pinch of Salt.
- Get 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Get 2 of Egg Yolks.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
Instructions to make English Shepherd's Pie:
- Preheat the oven at 180º.
- Peel and slice your potatoes evenly, then place in a sauce pan of boiling water. Add some salt and set a timer for 15mins. In this time you can start on your filling..
- In a seperate large pan, pour in the Olive Oil and once heated add your meat and stir vigorously for a few minutes until it's nice and brown and broken into very small pieces..
- Add the Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic, Salt and Pepper, then stir some more. Quickly add your Carrots and Onion and stir a little longer so everything is to a minced consistency..
- Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce then add the Tomato Puree and stir for few minutes. Pour in the Chicken Stock and cook for 3 more minutes. By this time your potatoes should be ready..
- Take your potatoes out and strain the water off. Put the potatoes into a medium mixing bowl and mash the potatoes with all the mash ingredients..
- Scoop the meat mixture into a deep casserole or other oven proof dish and then spoon the mash over the top. Spread the mash over using the bottom of the spoon and sprinkle a generous portion of Parmesan Cheese over the top. Poke the top with a fork several times then stick it in the oven for 18-20 minutes to brown the potatoes and set the pie..
If you find this English Shepherd's Pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.